The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Game tournament - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: ycQz1
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 12:11 on November 1st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I'm also for using a fixed set; it doesn't really matter to me which one, so choosing randomly is also fine, as long as there's a definitive set so I can start practicing... I'll need it :)
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 11:56 on November 1st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
We still haven't decided on the courses each 'duel' should consist of. I am for using a fixed set to ensure everybody has the same chances. There are two preset ones in the game:

Rooky Races:
Tiny Treehouse
Sand Castles
Vice Squad

Pro Tournament:
Treehouse Tiles
Turbo Turns
Ferry Fiasco

The Mega Mix is just a random choice of courses and therefore, I don't recommend it. If we don't want to use one of the two preset sets, we could determine some random numbers between 1 and 27 somehow and take these courses (choosable individually). Then, it could happen that one course type is in several types. What do you think?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 09:37 on November 1st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
We both followed Tapuak's manual so I think we had that turned off, I know for sure that I did... But I'm pretty sure it's the firewall, it blocks almost everything that could be even remotely fun... :)
-----
Posted at 08:55 on November 1st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
If you're running a firewall, you have to open port 7845. If you can't configure your firewall (at university for example), you're indeed screwed. The non-working connection could also be caused by trying to activate the UDP protocol though - make sure you have this disabled!
-----
Posted at 07:14 on November 1st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
well, if we make it a league I'm sure the time problem will be very easy to work around...

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 06:52 on November 1st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Hmmm... I'm only sure I can compete during the weekends, when I'm home with my own computer, any pc I could use during the week would be connected to the internet by my uni's network and I don't know a thing about their firewall(s) and such, but I tried to play a race with Pada1 and the emulator couldn't connect... :(
-----
Posted at 17:14 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I can't this weekend because I'm out of town then... anytime during next week is fine by me though...
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 11:40 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
That's what I expect, too, but it's woth a try...
Posted at 11:39 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As you wish. I don't think the chance of anyone else 'signing up' will be very hight, but anyway ;)
-----
Posted at 11:36 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
We have six contestants so far. With this number, I'm for a league, too. However, I think we should wait a few days so that more people have the opportunity to sign up.
Posted at 11:18 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Any time, I'm ready. What modus have we decided on? League or knockout style? I'm for league because knockout is so random. So what about starting tomorrow or on Saturday?
-----
Posted at 11:15 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
When do we want to start the tournament?
Posted at 09:24 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
In absolutely extreme cases of time difference, there is always the weekend - at least I don't have a problem playing 4 AM on Saturday ;) Oh, and if anyone wants to practise with more than the computer drivers, I'm always ready when I'm at home :)
-----
Posted at 07:28 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
With the time differences, we'll just have to slog it out I think. In the pairings, since you can only have two people, the person living the furthest west from the west side of the date line will just set a time that they can go the earilest, and hopefully it won't be too late for the person that is too the east, except maybe for extreme situations, like you and me...

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 05:36 on October 31st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Eagle of Fire at 18:59 on October, 30th 2002:

I don't think playing such a short game on multiplayer, even with the idea of a tournament in mind, is really worth it.

This is why I'm out.

Eagle we are playing for the fun of it for something to do, granted the winner will recieve bragging rights and we will never hear the end of it :P, but in the end it's all in good fun.

One question how are we going to cope with all the time differences?
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 16:59 on October 30th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I don't think playing such a short game on multiplayer, even with the idea of a tournament in mind, is really worth it.

This is why I'm out.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 03:31 on October 30th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Cheers mr c, still a bit dodgy but it will do, I used to use ZSNES all the time until it got deleted I had heaps of roms
-----
Posted at 02:56 on October 30th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Try using it in full screen mode with lowest resolution possible with "s" attribute (scaled to fit screen) in case you don't already do. If the mouse already behaves strangely in the menus (i.e. before running a game at all), I guess the problem lies deeper...
-----
Posted at 21:27 on October 29th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Mu emulator is very unresponsive the mouse is weird and the controls are too slow and clunky?
I'm unsing the g.o.d ZSNES emu.
-----
Posted at 14:59 on October 29th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
A note: talk about the modus of play should be continued here. The other thread is only supposed for 'signing up' more easily.
-----