The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - SimCountry - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: c8lVU
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 21:17 on April 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I already unregged all my countries and CEO after closing all the corps. Closing 110+ corps take a while :(

I lost interest. I would have done the same when they announce the stupid resets anyways.

On a more personnal note, it would also be good that I stop playing games and try to get a job... More productive that way.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 07:15 on April 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Why?
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 04:19 on April 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I really hate it. But I don't really mind; there is a 80% chance probability for I close all my corps and unreg all my countries and my CEO in the next 3 days.
-----
Posted at 06:53 on April 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Eagle: So how do you like the new design? On my 800x600 resolution, the site sucked before, but now it's really terrible :pain:
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 04:29 on March 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
When you log on, there is a link to the right saying something to the like of "Game news (last updated March 20, 2003)". You should really read those.

The required amount of power is always dependant of the matching defensive force. If your ennemy have next to no defense, there is no need for such a strong offense. You still need a lot of ammo tough.

I'm doing fine on my part. My country is really profitable... So much in fact that I'm turning a nice profit even with taxes at 0/0% :tongue: ;)
-----
Posted at 11:12 on March 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Still working on my country... I realized how hard it is to invade other countries - there was this guy who attacked a member of my federation, and with around 500 fighters and 700 defense helicopters, we managed to defeat him. The attacked country lost 6AA sites, and that guy lost over 400 fighters and 600 helicopters. That has taught me a lesson - never to attack with less than 1000 fighters and 1500 helicopters ;)

Other than that, for some reason, my defense rating was cut by 30%, even though I replenished the ammo lost in the skirmish. Either the game engine changed again, or I screwed up somewhere.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 22:16 on March 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
You don't talk much NetDanzr. How about your own country?
-----
Posted at 00:40 on March 6th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Congratulate me, I conquered my third country some days ago :)

Cheers and viva el Gambre Empire! :D
-----
Posted at 12:40 on February 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
It really depends if you're going to attack an inactive or a CCC. If it's an innactive, you can use fewer arms since you can be sure he'll never buy any to defend or replenish his lost forces! If it's a neighbor it's even easier.

If it's a CCC tough, better arm yourself correctly. I myself managed to capture a inactive country neighboring me with about 60 of off war index. And I didn't needed any defensive measures either.
-----
Posted at 12:20 on February 25th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Nope; I put the plans on hold. It's so darn hard to build up a decent offensive force, especially with that spending limit in place, that it will take some time to do so. My offensive force index is a puny 45; I'll wait till I'm at 100 or so...
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 01:05 on February 22nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Did you look at my 2 countries lately? I'm doing fine now :)

Did you manage[] to co[]nquer another country by the time of your last post? [Last time I checked, you were still

Edited by Eagle of Fire at 19:19 on February, 24th 2003
-----
Posted at 12:58 on February 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Thank you, I'll look into it for my new country.
-----
Posted at 06:23 on February 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, congrats to winning the war :). I had to put my conquest ambitions on hold; I have a serious lack of low-level workers, so can't really expand my military.

Oh, and I don't know whether you noticed the incredible drop of prices for railroads - from $20M per mile to slightly over $1M. It's really cheap to build up your transport system now, which made my country jump in rankings even higher.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 13:09 on February 8th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Hear my advice and buy Strat before going to war. Or at least, stock up on Medium Range Batteries (off) and at least 20 times the ammo.

I won my war. Got a nice new country... My main country rank got down by 103... :(
-----
Posted at 05:00 on February 4th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, to be honest, I started to build up my offensive forces as well, for the same reason. I have a severe lack of low-level workers, so I want to invade a neighbor and deport their people to my country.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 13:27 on February 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Yep. This is because of my actions of fucking up my country along to be able to go to war and because of a very severe LLW shortage. I don't really feel concerned tough, I'm still in the course and I'll get some new slave countries as a bonus.
-----
Posted at 07:59 on January 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
And so it happens, that after a few days of being neck-to-neck with Eagle, I passed him in the rankings today :).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 05:18 on January 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I don't get profit of new companies, but once I increase the product quality to roughly 150, the dollars start rolling in. I've got a good base of companies that make profit, so this is not such a problem ;).

As for the defensive force, there's an overly aggressive neighbor, who already attacked another country where the owner is active. On our continent, we have the No. 1 player, who is the leader of The Strong Arm of the Law federation. He's something like the US - he coerces everybody to follow his rules. Currently, he does not allow others to attack countries with CEOs that logged in within the last 2 months, but my neighbor doesn't seem to care. So yes, I feel threatened :(.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 12:20 on January 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
You seems to have grasped the basic concepts on how to make money fast now... ;)

For your defensive army, don't bother upgrading it too above the newbie newspaper guide too much unless you really feel threatened. It would be a waste of money and of workforce on your part since it require quite a lot of LLW and MLM. Since about everyone seem to have or had a shortage of LLW lately, I guess you probably don't have too much to spare either.

What about your corporation expense in your CEO? That's a new "fix" for CEO's, and that's mostly what is killing them right now. Almost no CEO's manage to end up a profit in the end because of that.
-----
Posted at 05:11 on January 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Hi Eagle,

the reason I've been doing so well lately is that I could spike the prices really high. Most of my companies have quality in the 160-200 range, which means I'm making tonns of money. I have also caught up with my employment (high-level workers were the bottleneck), so currently I'm making net profit of around 100b per year. Right now, I'm having just enough money to repay my remaining debts, so within a year or so (after I build up my defensive forces), I will be able to lower the tax rate to 50% (no lower; I don't want any CEOs there for now), and start increasing healthcare. It's nice to have no hosiptals, but my people are starting to die before they reach the Senior Executive level.

As for my CEO, I can't complain. I found that trading with others is a waste of effort; if you set the purchase price to 20% over market price and keep the sale price around 20 percentage points below the quality of the product, there is almost nothing that could prevent you from being well-stacked or selling all your products. I'm hovering aroud the 130th place, with around $2 trillion in assets, and more money flowing in each month that I can spend on new corporations (the limit is 3 monthly), so I started to loan out money as well...
-----
NetDanzr<br />