The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Looking for Covert Action PC - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: Nr40j
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 11:19 on December 13th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Microprose ceased to exist in 1993 :P In case you meant Infogrames, they're not selling it in their online store and why should they hold the product back if they'd still produce it?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:12 on December 13th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I cant be sure about Covert Action, but Civ 1 is most definately NOT abandonware. Send Microprose an email and ask them for a copy ;)
Posted at 02:43 on December 13th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
These games are Abandonware. They're just so 'hard' to find because the vast majority of sites these days is not run by game collectors, but kids who think it's cool to mirror other sites. And since the few remaining old & big sites are the ones which have been targeted by the IDSA, these 'webmasters' can't find it, either...

Edited by Mr Creosote at 18:23 on December, 13th 2002
-----
Posted at 01:06 on December 13th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
The IDSA (Interactive Digital Software Assoc.) are appointed (paid!) by software developers to police the illegal distribution of copywrited software titles.

The problem with this game is that its by Sid Meier, and all his games are very heavily policed by the IDSA, just try getting a download of Civ 1, I'm not saying its impossible to find, but it will be a lot harder to find in comparison to many/most other non-abandware-but-treated-like-it games.

Edited by fretz at 09:12 on December, 13th 2002
Posted at 15:55 on December 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Whatever :P Just recounted and there were only four sites left of my calculation.
-----
Posted at 15:52 on December 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
99.99999999999999999999%

To get a number like that, there would have be many abandonware sites in existance! and if there, why should the ISDA even bother ;)

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 14:04 on December 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Pada1 at 15:59 on December, 8th 2002:

I'm afraid that as far as I can tell, this game is IDSA-protected and you won't find it on most AB-sites since IDSA-protected games are ussually pulled down because of copyright issues.
Wrong. 99.99999999999999999999% of all Abandonware sites have a lot of 'IDSA protected' (whatever that's supposed to mean) games. I can only think of five sites which have 'pulled those games down'.
-----
Posted at 13:59 on December 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I'm afraid that as far as I can tell, this game is IDSA-protected and you won't find it on most AB-sites since IDSA-protected games are ussually pulled down because of copyright issues.
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 07:55 on December 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
I am looking to download an abandoned title call Covert Action. It was made by Microprose about 1994. Can anyone send it to me or have a link that I can download it from?