The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Terminator 3 - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 8@E5c
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 03:55 on January 22nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Quote:
Posted by The Mole at 09:11 on January, 4th 2003:

Just saw the official trailer and I have to say: come on, they're not that huge, and they're certainly not skipping around all the time thanks to that tight leather jacket. ;)

Ok, it's not that primitive as I described it, but the principle fits.
Posted at 05:20 on January 4th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I can almost imagine all these teens drooling over the trailer already - a certain success. :pain:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 01:11 on January 4th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Just saw the official trailer and I have to say: come on, they're not that huge, and they're certainly not skipping around all the time thanks to that tight leather jacket. ;)

However, after seeing the trailer, I am now pretty sure that this movie is going to suck incredibly, one of the 'highlights' of the trailer was a scene where Arnie says: "She'll be back." It gets old, just like Arnie himself.
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 19:39 on January 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
A few days ago I saw a "making of" and this third movie fits absolute in our age.

The opponent of the austrian pension-refuser is a robot with atomic boobs... and thats the whole innovation: you see skipping boobs the whole time. The Rest of this movie is the same like in the predecessors.

Reminds me to 7of9 in ST-Voyager: Every attempt of a deeper story is blown by her huge ... (you know what i mean).

Edited by Abe at 03:57 on January, 03rd 2003
Posted at 06:54 on December 24th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
When the first movie came out I loved it
U-huh, very believable since you were one year old when it came out :P

Edited by Mr Creosote at 15:13 on December, 24th 2002
-----
Posted at 05:00 on December 24th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I liked one better then 2 also, and I agree, the robot was more believable.

When the first movie came out I loved it, but the second one seriously gave me nightmares for nearly 5 years :S

I had this recurring dream of a machine that couldn't be killed after me, something I didn't like one bit as a 10 year old kid! Hell, Jaws was a cake walk in comparison!

Edited by Delos at 13:01 on December, 24th 2002
-----
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation
Posted at 18:22 on December 22nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Mr Creosote: Yes, the second Terminator's performance is definitely a highlight in that movie. He looks evil enough and I also like the contrast between the muscled Arnie and the quite normal, but obviously superior Robert Patrick.
Actually, the fact that he was so obviously superior is what I didn't like about him... He was just a 'less realistic' robot than Arnie I think; a bit too far-fetched for my simple mind. :)
-----
Posted at 08:56 on December 22nd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Because one had a grenade launcher and the other had a pistol? That was such a mis match!

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 21:36 on December 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Posted by The Mole at 13:57 on December, 21st 2002:

Pada1: I agree, but wouldn't go so far as to call a Terminator of Arnie's model an 'obsolete piece of junk'. ;)

Well we saw that 'obsolete piece of junk' Kick ass in the end didn't we, so who really is the better 'robot'
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 05:57 on December 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Pada1: I agree, but wouldn't go so far as to call a Terminator of Arnie's model an 'obsolete piece of junk'. ;)
-----
Posted at 05:48 on December 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, the second Terminator's performance is definitely a highlight in that movie. He looks evil enough and I also like the contrast between the muscled Arnie and the quite normal, but obviously superior Robert Patrick.
-----
Posted at 05:42 on December 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
What I really liked about the first one was that that was really a struggle of man vs machine... whilst in the second movie it was just an obsolete piece of junk against some high tech... And you're right, that boy's acting must have been the most annoying performance I have ever seen... Although the special FX are quite good in the second terminator (about the only positive thing about the movie I can remember except maybe the core of the story which I find rather amusing myself), there just isn't any room for a human touch (and no, Arnie's bogus "hey look, I'm a robot who knows why people cry"-act doesn't qualify) like there was in the first one... Of course, it has been 13 years or something like that since I last saw Terminator so I might be idealising it somewhat...
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 04:57 on December 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
"I want your clothes. Now!" ;)

I actually consider the first movie to be quite good. It's not something I'd want to watch often, but every few years, it's just great entertainment! Besides, the 80s style if of course funny ;) The second part isn't that great anymore, this boy is just annoying and since the whole story is built around him....

Tuss: I thought that would be obvious :bemused:
-----
Posted at 04:39 on December 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Sure, it's impressive to see that you can earn millions of dollars by saying about 50 words... ;)

Shop owner: "Which weapon do you want?"
Arnold: "All."
Posted at 04:22 on December 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I used to love the Terminator movies, probably because I was so young at the time that the plot was incomprehensible and mind-blowing to me; I still like them, but only in a nostalgic way... :embarassed:
-----
Posted at 21:54 on December 20th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
You seriously have to be joking...

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 16:30 on December 20th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Seems like we'll soon see a really innovative film! Arnold looks as young as ever ;)
Attachment: *****
-----