The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Secret of Mana (1994) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 8i4Tm
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 17:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
best game ever
Posted at 16:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
cool
Posted at 15:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Secret of Mana is just one of those games I can't get enough of. :) It has some really nice graphics and music, and the game last hours if not days.

Here's a little more history about Secret of Mana:

The first game, Seiken Densetsu for the Gameboy, is known as Final Fantasy Adventure in the US and Mystic Quest in Europe. The name Seiken Densetsu in Japan means Legend of the Holy (Sacred) Sword. There's also a rumour that Seiken Densetsu also meant Adventures of Many Squatty but Powerful Midgets. Thank goodness that they never choose that name for the English translation! The game is said to be released in 2003 on the Gameboy Advance, so keep your eyes peeled for any information on it. :)

The second game, Seiken Densetsu 2 for the SNES, is known in both the US and Europe as Secret of Mana. This game, although being the second in the Seiken Densetsu quadrilogy to be released, is a prequel to the Gameboy version. If you play SOM first and then FFA/MQ second you'll see that in FFA/MQ they speak of events from SOM in past tense.

The third game, Seiken Densetsu 3 for the Super Famicon was only ever released in Japan. European and English translations of the rom have been made for the benefit of the US and European SOM fans and has been known in the US and Europe as Secret of Mana 2. Despite the many pleas from the US SOM fans to release an English translation of the game in the US, Square provided a game called Secret of Evermore instead which is vaguely similar to SOM.

The fourth game in the series, Seiken Densetsu 4 for the playstation, was only ever released in Japan and the US as Legend of Mana. The game is based after the death of the Mana Tree (which presumably happens in Seiken Densetsu 3.) Unlike the other games, this does not require the hero to go in search of seeds, stones and swords, or involve rival characters trying to compete against the hero.
Posted at 14:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
i have known about this game and it's succesors for quite some time and i would like to add that the name for its predeccesor is final fantasy adventure for gameboy not final fantasy 1
Posted at 13:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
The game is very cool and i will it downloading. Waldemar Merger Germany.
Posted at 12:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Secret of Mana (1994) here!
-----
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.