Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Comanche (1993) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 8DZXU
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 17:38 on August 17th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Played this when I was a newbie on my DOS box. Tragic when the OS outgrew the game.
Been looking for how to play ever since.
Posted at 20:12 on December 27th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Quote:
Voxels. What the hell are they? Novalogic made voxels famous by using their Voxel Space technology to create a helicopter sim that out-matched every other sim, graphics-wise. It was revolutionary in a DOS game to have such fidelity, where the terrain actually looked like it was there. Instead of shaded 3D polygons, Voxel Space used point-sprites to create 3D worlds, kinda like a 3D bitmap. Look to a Wikipedia entry for further explanation and graphic examples.

Read more...
Posted at 12:00 on January 21st, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Normally, I don't like flight sims. They're usually overloaded with options to make it feel 'realistic'. So when I try one and I'm not able to take off without extensive study of the manual, I stop playing immediately. But Comanche is different! It's on the border to the action genre. The flight model is not too realistic, the controls have been reduced to the necessary things. I still consider it a simulation though, because it doesn't rely exclusively on fast reflexes, but finishing missions involves a lot of tactics.

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!