The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - GameTZ becoming a paid site - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 3YCtu
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 08:10 on January 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Since I rarely ever give away any games (I just don't buy crap in the first place ;)), it never quite made it for me.

ebay has a lot of problems, but you'll always find idiots who just want to get rid off the stuff. The best ones are those who only give some vague description because they don't know anything about their 'goods' themselves - that way, only very few other people will want to buy it ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 08:07 on January 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
That's what was so great about trading games there. I've got a lot of crap I want to get rid of, and this way I could, while getting some good deals.

eBay has an entirely different problem - people sniping you off the good deals.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 08:05 on January 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
There was one major problem with GameTZ: most people knew the worth of their stuff there, so as a buyer, it was hard to get bargains there...
-----
Posted at 08:02 on January 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
There's a site called TradeLair. A little too flashy for my taste, but I may try it out.

The problem with GameTZ is that only the power-traders will stay, and so far all I've met were people who scouted bargain bins and then tried to sell their stuff at 3 times the price. There's been one who wanted to sell me a game for $100. I politely declined and bought it from CDAccess for $14.95 :). Anyway, those I did trade with - people with only a few games - will leave :(.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 07:58 on January 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Hmm.... with 'buy now' becoming more and more popular on ebay, I guess I know where many people will move ;) It is quite sad to see of course :(
-----
Posted at 07:33 on January 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
For those who enjoyed trading at GameTZ (former UGTZ) at least as much as I did, I have some sad news: starting February 1, they'll charge $20 per year for membership.

Considering there are still free alternatives, I am afraid that many people will move to these, decreasing the number of available games in the system, so I have no reason to stick around, either.
-----
NetDanzr<br />