The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Opera 7 - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: StmEW
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 16:35 on January 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ha! The new IBrowse 2.3 has been released today! The first impression is really good, I will continue using it :D

(By the way, both sites and the forum display nicely in the browser.)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:59 on January 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Opera team has anounced that this is their No. 1 priority right now. Considering that a few people mentioned this problem as early as the first beta, I'm surprised they didn't consider it a feature.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 11:38 on January 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Mozilla always keeps the formatting when copying something, which means you always have the text colours etc. when you paste it
That depends where you paste it to ;)
-----
Posted at 10:55 on January 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Opera 7 is unable to recognize text formating when you copy something. In other words, if you copy a text, it loses all its formating, including the paragraph structure.

In fact it's no always useful if the formatting is recognized. Mozilla always keeps the formatting when copying something, which means you always have the text colours etc. when you paste it, altough you don't need it. A good browser should recognize the papagraphs though. ;)
Posted at 08:31 on January 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Opera 7 is good Mon Negros!

[edited: no huge pictures as signature, not even as 'manual signatures' -Mr Creosote]

Edited by Mr Creosote at 18:40 on January, 29th 2003
Posted at 11:52 on January 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Okay, here's a serious problem, which I have been criticizing ever since the first beta, and for which I'll be switching back to Opera 6.05 again:

Opera 7 is unable to recognize text formating when you copy something. In other words, if you copy a text, it loses all its formating, including the paragraph structure. I'm copying dozens of text files every day, and this is unacceptable.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 11:19 on January 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I've been really abusing Opera for the last hour, and that may have contributed to all the problems I've had so far. It is quite possible I won't have any more of them, and maybe by the time Opera 7.05 is out, everything will be fine ;).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 11:13 on January 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Other than that, no complaints so far
That is quite a lot and significant complaints already if you ask me :(
-----
Posted at 11:10 on January 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
They did solve the occassional 100% CPU usage spikes, and memory management seems to be holding up so far. Speed is awesome. However, there are several problems:

1. A "Wand" function is enabled by default, which enables the browser to remember user names and passwords for different sites. You either have to click "No" every time you type in a password and a pop-up comes up, or you need to edit the opera .ini file.

2. Opera seems to have problems locating the domain; that may take up to 30 seconds. A possible solution, when enabled in prefferences, crashes the browser.

3. The default skin has so many problems and error messages (because of animated buttons) that you'll have to switch to a custom skin.

4. There's so many buttons in the uppoer toolbar that the banner hides some of them on a 800x600 resolution. You can modify the toolbars, but it's quite cumbersome.

5. Some layout differences between O6 and O7 I still have to get used to.

Other than that, no complaints so far :)
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 10:41 on January 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
That's good to hear :)

Did they solve the memory and speed problems by the way?
-----
Posted at 10:34 on January 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I just installed Opera 7, final version. If I suddenly disappear for a few days, it's because my computer got disintegrated :)

-----
NetDanzr<br />