The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Another World (1990) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: iG@uW
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 02:29 on November 4th, 2017 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
The funny thing is that the game's stylistic choice of using polygonal graphics made it easy to upscale for the 25th anniversary release which can be found at GOG.com.
Posted at 20:52 on July 21st, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Agreed! The game is unforgiving right from the beginning, were you drown instantly. But it is a nice touch that you do so because the transition from the intro to the actual gameplay is so seemless. I guess I never could have beaten it without save states from an emulator. And even then it wasn't actually easy.
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 06:34 on July 20th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Other than being a little too difficult this game was great. Unusual, and clever graphical approach.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 13:14 on December 30th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I must say this is a thing I usually forget, but this game has a second part, "Heart of the alien", where you play as the alien after they fleed from the city. But they made it only for SegaCD, the Megadrive CD add-on. Other games where ported to computer, like Cadillacs & Dinosaurs which I have around, but for some weird reason they didn't do the same for a cult game's second part.
Posted at 12:00 on February 5th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Another World (1990) here!