The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Downloaders - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: UQI$D
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 11:52 on April 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That won't work, no. The comics didn't get a download script until a year ago or so, so that might have worked for longer before.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:31 on April 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I use netants and mozilla, so I have to cut&paste actual dl links. I'm not sure what I used when I dled all the comics before (which I lost when my comp crashed :( ).
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 13:57 on April 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Referrer checking as 'authentification method' has been in place since mid 2000 - that's nothing new. If it worked before, it'll still. Normally, it shouldn't be a problem, because the browser sends the refererrer and only after that, the visitor is 'forwarded' to the download (which some download manager then could catch). I have never really tried that for a long time though - if it doesn't work, you can thank Delos for it.
-----
Posted at 10:28 on April 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I'm referring to THIS THREAD
Since you're checking the referrer as an anti-leech method, do downloaders such as leechget, netants, gozilla, etc, etc still work (since they don't send referrers)?

Edited by Cypherswipe at 18:29 on April, 02nd 2003
-----
Posted at 09:50 on April 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I have no idea what you're talking about...
-----
Posted at 14:39 on April 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Do downloaders still work here now that the referer system is in place?
-----
Posted at 08:55 on February 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
He's probably a youngster, and probably already got what he wanted minutes after posting here.

Moreover, his cousin's birthday might be over by now. ;)
Posted at 12:25 on February 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Seriously... Why do you guys even bother trying to understand so you can reply? He's probably a youngster, and probably already got what he wanted minutes after posting here. From another board, of course.
My first post was three minutes after the question - there is nothing I hate more than newbies being ignored. All the other posts are of course not serious attempts to help anymore ;)
-----
Posted at 11:11 on February 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
The master of translation itself can't translate it... I find you pretty brave to try yourself ;)

Seriously... Why do you guys even bother trying to understand so you can reply? He's probably a youngster, and probably already got what he wanted minutes after posting here. From another board, of course.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 09:53 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
But still, why on Earth would you give a downloaded game to somebody for their birthday? That's kinda cheap. I can see finding an old game in the box with all the extras (like maps or what have you) and giving it to somebody, but he specifically asked that the game be present on "goodolddays.com" (Which is owned by the same company that squat on HOTU...)
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 08:27 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Aaaaaaaaahh! :D I always thought the mistake is in 'player' -> 'to play', the verb.....
-----
Posted at 07:51 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
He forgot the W in two when he typed "pc game is to player" according to me and it makes sense so I'm guessing that's what he means...

Edited by Pada1 at 15:51 on February, 23rd 2003
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 07:47 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Where do you get the 'two' from? What I'd translate from that is something like "what PC game is (possible) to play at the same time".
-----
Posted at 07:44 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
"what pc game is to player like at the same time": he means a two-player split-screen game like fatal racing and such...
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 07:22 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I assumed "goodolddays.com" to be a reference to our site (because I don't see why any visitor of that actual 'site' would come here). The cousin and his/her birthday - ok. But "what pc game is to player like at the same time"? Is your translation just a wild guess? I can't really see that in there...
-----
Posted at 07:14 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
After reading his/her post again, I found a possible translation: He/she is looking for a game at the Good Old Days which can be played by two players at the same time because he has forgotten to buy a birthday present for his cousin. ;)
Posted at 06:53 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well - did you understand what this person meant? I'm still confused :confused:
-----
Posted at 06:46 on February 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
...and another thread for the forum's hall of fame. ;)
Posted at 14:50 on February 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Would you please rephrase your question in a comprehensible way? And if it's not related to this topic (which is download managers), please open a new thread.
-----
Posted at 14:47 on February 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
hey can any1 tell me what pc game in goodolddays.com is to player like at the same time coz i need to give it to my cousin as his birthday present