The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Turrican - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 4pfOv
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 10:21 on March 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Yep, Abuse is great. Some dude made a freeware remake, but it probably falls in the category that the "Tierra" KQ games would on this forum.

Another couple games that are freeware and sort of like Abuse are Entrance Gate and SE: Shattered Earth both of which you can find at http://www.gamehippo.com (SE: Shattered Earth sucks, though).

There's also a shareware game called Soldat (I registered it)....you aim with your mouse and run with your keyboard, but the game is a bit more like Unreal Tournament in 2D than it is Abuse.

EDIT: Nevermind, I went to the main author's site of the retail Abuse (http://www.crack.com). He said it's now open-source and even linked to the free Abuse download, so here it is, completely legal: http://abuse2.com/downloads.php3

Also notice that this version is "Free Abuse" that was put together by some fans, and the original retail demo is also at that site.

Edited by Da_Goat at 18:27 on March, 20th 2003
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 04:03 on March 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
This sounds like that game Abuse, if anyone has ever played that.
Where you controled aiming and shooting with the mouse and movements by the keyboard, top game.
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 05:01 on March 19th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I never got much further than that, either. I don't understand how some people can control the movement and the aiming of the character at the same time... :(
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 04:53 on March 19th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Is it just me, or is this one of the hardest platform games? But it's probably just me, because I suck at playing games.
I bought Turrican a while ago and couldn't even get to level 2. The music is cool I guess, it's certainly additive to my frustration.
I think this Turrican character rules! Especially in the intro. I never thought this 'gay-ish' character would become Turrican :-) Would be cool to play some sort of adventure with him (one thing I don't suck at).
Posted at 05:22 on February 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ha! That music you rave about has been made by a German :P He's generally regarded as one of the best 'computer musicians' ever, he has even released a few audio CDs here. I can't see what the fuss is about though, to me, he's just one of the most overrated guys ever.
-----
Posted at 23:56 on February 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Obviously good taste in music died in Germany about the same time as Beethoven :P :D
Posted at 14:37 on February 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
It's just you - the music is boring :P
-----
Posted at 14:27 on February 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Is it just me, or does this game have the best music in the history of the world?