The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Alone in the Dark - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: pnZ$Y
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 09:11 on March 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Glad I could help :) I don't have the comparison to the newer game you mentioned, but I can definitely tell Alone in the Dark is way better than both sequels I played. The whole design of the 'haunted house' is way cooler than this pirate and wild west stuff they went for later - and the game is also fairer (part two is a series of endless machine gun shootouts with masses of zombies) and has more 'drive' (part three is only a bunch of weakly-connected scenes).

Now for the wafer-thin mint... yummy!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 07:34 on March 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Cheers - just downloaded the file and now the game RUNS! There's something amzingly cool about the way the zombies have big green heads instead of those stupid life-like ones in Resident Evil.

Actually, I'm not too surprised you went for the mint. After all, it was only wafer thin...
Posted at 04:29 on March 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Here you are. I hope this file is properly readable. I'm not at home at the moment, and so I had to use Microsoft Word which is not exactly known for its standards compliance to make this table. If there are any problems, tell me and we'll work something out. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the exact images in some cases. I made this list from another list which I compiled many years ago. What I listed as notebook might as well be a notepad and so on - but I guess you'll get the picture :)

Quote:
Just one more little mint?
Actually, yes, that would be nice. Not the answer you expected, eh? ;)

Edited by Mr Creosote at 12:30 on March, 13th 2003
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 01:58 on March 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Cheers Mr Creosote, I owe you one.
Just one more little mint?
Posted at 14:02 on March 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Back when I first copied the game (evil, I know...), I made a list of what each page contains. Copying the whole book would have been foolish since it's 256 pages in a really tiny format. I still have that list. Two problems: I don't have it as a file anymore, but only a printed one (bad for reproduction) and it is in German. I'll take the time to type it again and translate it back to English when I have time - most likely tomorrow.
-----
Posted at 11:51 on March 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
(topic moved)

I have an original copy, too, but I think my version (from a collection) does not have any protection at the beginning. Sorry, I can't help you here.
Posted at 11:33 on March 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hey. I just bought a copy of Alone in the Dark second hand, but to start the game, it says I need to look in a "mini book" for images. The only things in the box were a fake newspaper about the story, and the manual. Is it on about one of these? If not, could someone maybe e-mail me a list of the images so I can get the game to load? Thanks,

Aaron

PS Great site - it makes me feel slightly less sad that other people in the world remember these things too!