The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Clear Play - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 8SKT7
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 08:35 on March 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
It's the same as 'Internet filters' (AOL...) for example. Or take even normal telephones: when I got my phone line, I was asked if I wanted all 0190-numbers banned. As if I couldn't decide that on a case-to-case basis! Not that I've never called such a number, but why rule them out completely? There are apparantely customers who want this...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 08:26 on March 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
As far as I got it, they have filters for 300 movies. These have been checked and censored just as you said. That means one can watch the rest of all movies including "evil words". Anyway, I'm just surprised that some people actually pay for censorship. ;)
Posted at 08:12 on March 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Er.... I don't really understand it. Do these people watch every movie, write a 'protocol' of what should be censored out ( "time: 42:45; evil word" ) and then provide these logs for use with the software? :confused:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 08:07 on March 18th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Ever wanted to watch a movie without all the "evil" stuff?

Quote:
The ClearPlay service uses "ClearPlay Filters" that are associated with each different movie. The ClearPlay Filters are compiled by our staff of movie professionals. When the filter is used during the playback of the movie, content that may have contributed to a movie's PG-13 or R rating is skipped over or muted while the movie is playing.

Source: http://www.clearplay.com

:D

[Edit: Banner added]

Edited by Tapuak at 16:13 on March, 18th 2003