The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Lands of Lore (1993) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: Z61Nr
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 22:11 on January 17th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
The funny thing is that as far as I remember you have to train him quite a lot until he reaches level 2 (I think I used a lot of scrolls and those wasp-swarm thingies). So I guess they never noticed this bug because they thought (and were probably right) that almost no one would bother leveling him as a mage anyways. ;)
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 00:49 on January 16th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Originally posted by Herr M. at 19:52 on January 7th, 2018:
Quote:
Michael, a human whose strength is fighting

This reminds me of a rather funny bug: Michael actually is the best mage of the four. At least if you can get him to mage level 2 (or was it 3?) which is glitched and sets his magics skill way above Ak'Shels's. So, if you want to play a real powerhouse character, who is even cheesier than Conrad, pick Michael and be a bit patient with him. ;) (Might only work in the CD version though)

You're right! I started replaying this recently and after patiently getting his mage skill up to 2, suddenly he was gaining magic points left and right. Made things much easier.
Posted at 19:52 on January 7th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Quote:
Michael, a human whose strength is fighting

This reminds me of a rather funny bug: Michael actually is the best mage of the four. At least if you can get him to mage level 2 (or was it 3?) which is glitched and sets his magics skill way above Ak'Shels's. So, if you want to play a real powerhouse character, who is even cheesier than Conrad, pick Michael and be a bit patient with him. ;) (Might only work in the CD version though)
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 01:17 on November 24th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Lands of Lore (1993) here!