The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Dissatisfaction with Sold Out Software - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: B$sCC
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 20:45 on March 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Another thing is, they have their own front end to install the game with, just so they can advertise more things!
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 15:19 on March 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
They do not use the original CDs to distribute their games on, rather, they burn the game onto one of their CDs.
This is actually quite a common and also quite a sad trend when it comes to the few retailers selling older games at all. I made the same experience with a UK based online store selling 'original' Amiga games recently: instead of nice boxed games, I received an amateurishly self-burnt CD in just a jewelcase! Sure, it's legal because they have the license to reproduce and sell the game (so no worries there), but it's not exactly collector's stuff :(
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 21:30 on March 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I just bought my first game from them, and the deal went smoothly and the game got here ok and everything, but alas, not everything was perfect in the Earth. They do not use the original CDs to distribute their games on, rather, they burn the game onto one of their CDs. I didn't mind this, but when I tried to install the game, whoops! It won't install. So I go poking around, and a whole critical folder on the CD has corrupt data. The folder has 0k in it and Windows gives you the message of "I can't find this folder." I usually wouldn't be so angry about a CD error (acutally I've never gotten a defective CD) but this stupid thing is from the UK. I might also try going through a vendor. I'll update as this pans out.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice