The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - The Legacy (1992) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: XxR9a
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 18:35 on April 27th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
The game world is huge and you will encounter many levels (how big can a mansion be?).

Haha, nice observation ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 18:11 on April 24th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
This was one of my absolute favorite game when I was younger, (teen years). I played it, I think, the whole summer with my big brother when he visited me (I lived with my parents back then). We played it with PC-speaker so it wasn't any fancy sound, but still the game gave us both the creeps and the atmosphere in this game was - and is - still amazingly good. I still get goosebumps when I think about some rooms in the game, and I can always remember how it was staying up late and play this game.

I still have it in my original big box. Perhaps I should preserve it as my first ever preservation game - if the disks are working, that is...

A game that I love dearly, even though it isn't without it's flaws, but I for once, can live with the windows rearranging, the inventory etc.

Oh, I have finished it, once!
Posted at 21:11 on July 11th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That would probably be Wonderland. The earlier games made by Magnetic Scrolls (The Pawn and The Guild of Thieves are on TGOD) use a fixed frame layout.
-----
Posted at 15:54 on July 11th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
For what I recall reading somewhere, The Legacy engine was made from one made for IFs by Magnetic Scrolls. But I barely played their games so I don't know which. So this windows thing may well end being a direct copy from Deja-Vu, not even that they had the same idea.
Posted at 12:49 on July 11th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by T-Pow at 10:34 on July 11th, 2009:
you can customize the whole interface. Every window can be rearanged and rezized to fit the players needs. That was revolutionary when the game was released. I don't know many other games where you can do this.

Deja Vu did that in the mid-80s ;)
-----
Posted at 11:04 on July 11th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I think it's a nice feature. It's long ago when I played the game the last time. But I can remember this feature very well. So I must have used it. ;)

By the way. The lifting skill is used for moving objects. If your skill is high enough, you can allmost move anything.
-----
Edited by T-Pow at 12:25 on July 11th, 2009
Posted at 10:49 on July 11th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, I barely touched that, windows were good enough where I had them and forgot.
Posted at 10:34 on July 11th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Nice review for a good game. The only thing I am missing is the fact, that you can customize the whole interface. Every window can be rearanged and rezized to fit the players needs. That was revolutionary when the game was released. I don't know many other games where you can do this.
Posted at 20:51 on July 10th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Feel free to share anything about The Legacy (1992) here!