The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Stunt Car Racer Pro - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: f6xgV
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 15:57 on April 4th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
In my opinion, if they want people to relive the classics, they should make a sequel with better gameplay, graphics, etc. (like Wolf3D/RtCW). Why fix something that isn't broken?

Edited by Da_Goat at 00:58 on April, 04th 2003
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 15:13 on April 4th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Ive got serious problems with this. Stunt Car Racer (among other Geoff Crammond classics) is one of my favourite games......why?....because 13 years ago when I was 16 years old and (breifly!) owned an Amiga it was my all time best game ever. I spent hours practicing The Rollercoaster, wasting weeks trying to win the pro league.

I dont want that memory hampered by a bunch of (albeit talented) coders adding textures and changing the physics to 'make it more realistic' in a vein attempt to bring a classic upto modern day 'graphical standards'.

This echos the hyped up crap that is(never will be) 'Stunts 2'. They should concentrate their efforts on bringing new, original releases to the world like Geoff did for us so many years ago (Sentinal??) instead of trying to 'better' previous classics.

My vote is strictly against this. Aaaaarrrggghhh, I'm angry at the thought of it :(

Edited by fretz at 00:27 on April, 04th 2003
Posted at 14:56 on April 4th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Recently, I took part in a discussion about the remakes of classics. I personally would not want a "facelift" or any other update like that. I'd be very happy if somebody proved that he was humble enough to acknowledge the artistic value of the classic games, and didn't try to "improve" on them. Just changing the engine so that the game runns properly on a modern machine is enough for a remake.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 13:54 on April 4th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
One of the greatest (if not the greatest) racing games will get an 'update': http://www.eurogamer.net/news.php?id=22687. I can't decide if that's a good thing (people remembering classics) or a bad thing (messing with classics to make crap).
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!