The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - [Article] A Tribute to Turbo Pascal : Mr M.'s Pascal Miscellany - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: b3yah
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 19:53 on February 24th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Originally posted by gast at 13:23 on February 22nd, 2015:
Heututage wuerde ich es jedem Kollegen um die Ohren werfen :)

Stimmt :D Ich hab auch überlegt ob ich es wirklich online stellen soll, aber genau in diesem Dilletantismus, den völlig unsauberen Code aus unschuldigeren Zeiten liegt ja der Reiz der Sache. ;)
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 13:23 on February 22nd, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Erinnert mich an meine Jugend. Pascal war schon eine schoene Sprache.

Habe mal den Source Code ueberflogen - so richtig schimpfen kann ich nicht in Anbetracht meiner damaligen Verbrechen.

Heututage wuerde ich es jedem Kollegen um die Ohren werfen :)
Posted at 15:50 on December 24th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
That's a very cool article. I grew up with Turbo Pascal, but didn't get much beyond simple programming. I never got into graphics, though I had three or four books on how to program games (pfft...its hard, I want to play them. lol)
Posted at 18:38 on December 5th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Quote:
Ladies and gentleman! I present to you something very special, something you won't find anywhere else! A look back to the times when text interfaces without any of those graphical knick-knacks was deemed adequate, when fast fingers danced determined over the keyboard and a simple short-cut executed all critical commands in no time at all, when development enviroment often enough was equal to compiler. Artefacts of a primitive but yet savagely efficent programming language, the manifested creativity of a young programmer, naivete at its best, source code beyond any kind of quality control, whose compiling and execution will not let you believe your very own eyes and ears (especially the ears!). For days you will sit in front of your calculator, unbelieving, unable to break away from the wonder I am about to reveal to you: The best of my Turbo Pascal programs!

Read the article…
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley