The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - I'm leaving - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: hzrbn
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 05:20 on June 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Banned
Master Gumby
Ah, ok. I noticed your site link earlier. ;)
I sent you an email about the programs.

:)
Posted at 00:49 on June 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Yes, it is.
The chat is some kind of philosophical discussion between this guy and a religious guy, with all kind of nasty swearing :D

You can also see a link to my site there :P

Edited by Dexterus at 08:50 on June, 29th 2003
Posted at 23:23 on June 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Banned
Master Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Dexterus at 04:51 on June, 29th 2003:

AEI, I remembered that I can show you a site that I made (for free) for a dude who thinks he's Satan or a satanist or something like that :D
The site is in Romanian , but you should find your way there if you choose the first link , to the best section , the pictures one( in terms of java script programming, not for that dude's face :P )

You must have IE and scripts enabled to view the site because at first I was too lazy to make the Netscape equivalent and then I lost track of that dude and I guess I should not care about his site anymore ...
http://www.natas.ionichost.com

Looked at the Satan site. I don't know much about java programming so I couldn't really critque but it seems well put together. Is Romanian your native language? Just randomly curious what the chat transcript was about.
Posted at 20:51 on June 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
AEI, I remembered that I can show you a site that I made (for free) for a dude who thinks he's Satan or a satanist or something like that :D
The site is in Romanian , but you should find your way there if you choose the first link , to the best section , the pictures one( in terms of java script programming, not for that dude's face :P )

You must have IE and scripts enabled to view the site because at first I was too lazy to make the Netscape equivalent and then I lost track of that dude and I guess I should not care about his site anymore ...
http://www.natas.ionichost.com
Posted at 19:31 on June 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 21:08 on June, 28th 2003:
"PC is god and it has always been"

Huh :confused: What is that ?

I actually think you're right. Now whoever tries doing something in graphics, he aims towards realism and not artisticity ( made up word ? )
The drawing tools have became standard, so it's no wonder that graphics look all the same
Posted at 13:08 on June 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Dexterus: Oh, come on, you should at least be consistent and stand up for your "PC is god and it has always been" thesis :P
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:45 on June 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Mr Creosote: you're right ;)

AEI: My site ain't worth looking at, and the programs, as I explained, aren't there. Just ask me and I'll send them by email.
Posted at 03:43 on June 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Glad you arent actually leaving! :P
Posted at 02:57 on June 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Hmm, I would have something to say: graphics gradually got better because they got from CGA to EGA, then MCGA , VGA and SVGA.
All was driven by advancements in hardware. Why do you think that now, hi-res modes, alpha channel and hardware 3d acceleration is a downfall ?
As usual, you're wearing blinkers and thus shutting out most of the important developments of computer history.
Even ignoring that, it's still not valid. It's not the technology, but what one makes of it. Starting in the mid-90s, computer graphics stopped being its own form of art, because everybody was just (successfully) imitating other styles.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 13:21 on June, 28th 2003
-----
Posted at 02:17 on June 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Banned
Master Gumby
Well, where's your site? Or did you loose interest in doing something already? :P
Posted at 21:49 on June 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Way to go ;) I've done some cracks myself, but mostly for myself or my friends. Never released one as they weren't needed (some other people made better ones ). I can remember I cracked the cd check in Half Life and in Black and White.
Even now from time to time, I'm having fun modifying the saves in the game I'm playing , like putting there a lot of money :D, but that's very easy and it's not really a crack
Posted at 21:37 on June 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Banned
Master Gumby
Dexterus:

Cool.

By best friend from middle and high school is now
a professional programmer; business apps and such.

We use to program stuff together.

Unfortunatly, I was a sloppy programmer, but enjoyed it. My ideas were often used but often rewritten from the code I wrote. "This is a great program but it's written like crap, I'll rewrite it ... now."

If you're really interested in collaborating on something I'd like to look at what you've programmed, in case it might inspire to me to learn how to code again. Maybe. ;)

The last thing I did (and it was only once for a game), was a crack for HOTU, which any monkey
could have done. Nevertheless, no monkey ever did. So I spent a week on that game (which shows you how bad I was) so that damned game's sound would work correctly and not need a CD. Cannon Fodder 2. For what it's worth, heh, I was credited on the site. Then BrendanD found a copy for sale in qualm or canton island somewhere. It
was removed for awhile and then put back up on the site later on. There's a .txt file though I included with the archive. I still sometimes get email about it. But not much, because it works. ;)
Posted at 20:25 on June 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
I don't have any resume in English (though I have many of them in my language laying around :D)
I know programming in a variety of languages and I have some experience in some fields of computer industry.

I can also show you some programs made by me during the years, programs which I intend to publish on my site as freeware. None of them is finished so I won't publish them now. One of them is a game based on neural networks.

For the last years, my work was mostly directed to signal processing software, by I ocasionally got distracted to other things
Posted at 19:46 on June 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Banned
Master Gumby
Dexterus: Well, do you program or anything? Show me your resume.
:D
Posted at 17:56 on June 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
I'm afraid I can't follow you AEI

Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 11:28 on June, 26th 2003:

Especially today, as graphics and sound are worse than ever these days. You seem to consider the technical improvement being a one-way road: always getting better. I don't. Graphics always slowly got better until the early nineties. Then, there is a sharp downfall in the mid-90s when people started using this render-shit and ugly 3D for everything.

Hmm, I would have something to say: graphics gradually got better because they got from CGA to EGA, then MCGA , VGA and SVGA.
All was driven by advancements in hardware. Why do you think that now, hi-res modes, alpha channel and hardware 3d acceleration is a downfall ?
Posted at 06:56 on June 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Banned
Master Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Dexterus at 02:25 on June, 27th 2003:

Well, can you draw ? :P

Don't do that anymore either. :P

So, what are your greater talents at this point?
:P

Edited by A E I at 14:56 on June, 27th 2003
Posted at 02:19 on June 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Exchange 'always' with 'gradually' and it should be clear :P
-----
Posted at 00:13 on June 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Graphics always slowly got better until the early nineties.
Excuse me, but how do you know they always get better 'til the early nineties? How many nineties have you been in? How old are you really? :o
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 18:25 on June 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Well, can you draw ? :P
Posted at 07:59 on June 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Banned
Master Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Dexterus at 13:36 on June, 26th 2003:

Look, my point wasn't challenging anyone about how new games are better than the old ones..
That has absolutelly nothing to do with it, and I don't even think that's right in most cases...
I was just trying to atract people in a project , any way it would be...
What about a new game ,then ? Inspired from something of the past, but not copying .

Well, I don't program anymore. So what did you have in mind? :P