The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - The Lost Vikings 2: Norse By Norsewest (1995) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: RyufI
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 18:08 on December 23rd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Well, just a typo i guess. I couldn't have mistaken crispy and jerky NES graphics for SNES alright.

And ok, sure. SNES version seems to be a little smoother in terms of graphics. But i probably wouldn't ever care... :)
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 12:16 on December 23rd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Apart from this being the SNES, not NES, the IBM version indeed has completely different graphics. The SNES look is much closer to the first part while the other one has this typical plastic early '3D rendering' look. See here: http://www.mobygames.com/game/norse-by-norse-west-the-return-of-the-lost-vikings/screenshots.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 12:22 on December 23rd, 2014
Posted at 11:01 on December 23rd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
I believe that you played the first part of it, and this one was made for both NES and PC, and something tells me that their graphics are identical :)
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 17:53 on July 2nd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Cool, I didn't even know that there was a version of this game with decent graphics. I only played the PC version once and while I liked the improved gameplay I gave up on it because of those horrible pixelated plastic imitations. Thanks for drawing my attention to this. :)
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 16:59 on July 2nd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Feel free to share anything about The Lost Vikings 2: Norse By Norsewest (1995) here!