The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - First topic - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: KaoF4
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 17:03 on December 13th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Just to say that the mysteries of zero wing have been revealed to me. Best game ever (at least for 5 minutes or so, then it gets rather tedious) but the music sure is good... :)
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 12:03 on October 11th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Zero Wing is an old video game from Japan, thus the bad translation. And yes, that is the real text from the intro - without anything left out, added or changed. What it is about? That is the big question ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:51 on October 11th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Well, after looking at that All Your Base Are Belong To Us video time and time again, I must say it's very entertaining, but what's it supposed to mean?

For instance, what's Zero Wing? Is it an old game from which the intro animation is taken? And did this Zero Wing really contain the phrases "All your base are belong to us" and "What happen? Somebody set up us the bomb"? What is the origin of this phrase and why am I being convinced to "Take off every zig for great justice", is it a rolling paper commercial or what?

Anyone who can fill me in on this is welcome to do so ... :)

Quote:
Mr Creosote: You can't have been on the Internet until half a year ago then :P

Yes, I have been on the internet for longer than that, I'd just never heard of this before... :P
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 20:49 on September 9th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 19:39 on September, 5th 2002:

All your base are belong to us? Come on, that's really an old one ;)

Accidently stumbled across this and I have to rephrase my earlier comment of "very, very disturbing" to "extremely disturbing but kinda cool in a way :)"

Edited by Pada1 at 11:06 on September, 11th 2002
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 09:06 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
By asking me to agree on this I obviously don'y mean the EULA... they have to send me a mail (personal or auto-generated) and wait for my reply before doing anything at all
-----
Posted at 08:58 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Don't worry, if you're using Windows Media Player for example, you already agreed that Microsoft may spy your computer. It's somewhere within the "End User License Agreement".
Posted at 08:20 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
If I knew why they were collecting this data and if they would ask my permission to do so with the right to terminate this data-acquisition at any given time without having to give any reason I would be happy to help them out too... If Gator were to send me a survey where they ask me which sites I frequent and so on I would have no qualms answering it truthfully... The could even have some of their spyware running if they asked me first and placed it in the system tray so I can shut it off when I need more bandwith and cpu-power... No problem with that... It's just the fact that they do all this without asking and are thus invading my privacy... That is the fact that ticks me off...
-----
Posted at 06:25 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Posted at 06:43 on September, 8th 2002 by Mr Creosote
Now it's not only accepting it anymore, but being happy and honoured to gain such 'attention'
Did I say honoured?? I never did. If I can be off assistance and it doesn't hinder me at all, I'm happy to help out!
-----
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation
Posted at 05:03 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Probably makes him feel special. ;)
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 04:43 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
I'm happy to provide it
Now it's not only accepting it anymore, but being happy and honoured to gain such 'attention' :pain:
-----
Posted at 03:01 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Ummmmm... yes, but WinAmp is testing to see how many hours per day their product is being used, to me it makes no sense why they would want to know, but I'm happy to provide it still as if I was a company I would like to know data about how my products are being used.
-----
Posted at 16:36 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
I seriously don't know what your worried about, it's not like anything on your hard drive really matters to a huge company like Micro$oft.

That's true of course. But you have to consider that they collect data from millions of computers, and they obviously have some reason to do so. My hd doesn't matter to them, but the accumulation of all collected data does. Therefore, the only rational decision is to exclude myself from their collection whenever possible.
Posted at 16:26 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I find Media Player to be pritty good for the basic user, though I prefer IrfanViewer and DivX to watch my movies, and Winamp to play my music.

I seriously don't know what your worried about, it's not like anything on your hard drive really matters to a huge company like Micro$oft.
-----
Posted at 13:41 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
You don't have to install 'Media Player', at least not in Windows 98. Saw that at Tapuak's new computer recently...

It was there although I deselected it. I noticed that later on, so I was able to remove it manually...

Edit: ...fortunately before the computer got connected with the internet for the first time. ;)

Edited by Tapuak at 15:42 on September, 07th 2002
Posted at 13:15 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Yes, and his avatar is taken from a character who's called "The Prophet" in WC3. How's that for subtlety? ;)
-----
C'est pas la chute qu'importe -- c'est l'atterrissage
Posted at 06:20 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Just noticed Delos' sig. "Non-prophet", I like that. ;)
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 05:25 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Correct, mainly Odin, the all father though :P
-----
Posted at 04:49 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ask Delos - he prays to the Norse gods every day :P
-----
Posted at 00:44 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Pada1 at 00:12 on September, 7th 2002:

Even Gods tend to die after a time... Look at the Roman or Norse Gods... When were they last seen or heard of? :D

Yesterday.
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 22:12 on September 6th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Even Gods tend to die after a time... Look at the Roman or Norse Gods... When were they last seen or heard of? :D
-----