The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: QFffW
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 22:08 on May 15th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Baby Gumby
This game obtained a 'mysterious' status to me. The cart was owned by my older sister (6 years older than me) It was all but forbidden for me to play it, except on the rare occasion where she was in a particularly good mood. I didn't get to complete this game until emulation was more of a thing when I reached high school.

And even then, I felt the mystery to had to offer. It was strange, when comparing it to other Mario games i was familiar with. And that helped intensify the mystery.

Sadly, I do not have an original cart, So, I'll just have to enjoy it on my GBA Everdrive, with my fully modded GBA with backlit IPS LCD.
Attachment: *****
Posted at 01:35 on December 28th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by Herr M. at 23:15 on December 27th, 2015:
Originally posted by Moebius at 09:17 on December 27th, 2015:
Heh, i hear you... a bit of advice if i may: if you want to make it special - don't try to make it special.

Easier said than done. ;) To me it is kind of hard to write something up without some kind of 'masterplan', without some grand idea behind it. The funny thing is that those which were the most fun to write (like this one) are those which I guess are not that much fun to read or are not that informative.

Oh, I certainly wouldn't say this wasn't fun to read :D Whether it is this game or another one – we can all relate!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 23:15 on December 27th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 09:17 on December 27th, 2015:
Heh, i hear you... a bit of advice if i may: if you want to make it special - don't try to make it special.

Easier said than done. ;) To me it is kind of hard to write something up without some kind of 'masterplan', without some grand idea behind it. The funny thing is that those which were the most fun to write (like this one) are those which I guess are not that much fun to read or are not that informative.

Quote:
Anyway, good review, man! I mean.. nice childhood account with some inadvertent references to the game stuck in-between, hehehe ;)

Thanks. :) Usually I try to avoid getting this overly nostalgic, but once in a while it is actually quite nice.
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 09:17 on December 27th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
I take the sentence ‘Super Mario Land 2 is a game’ and rewrite it over and over, adding a little detail each time.

Heh, i hear you... a bit of advice if i may: if you want to make it special - don't try to make it special. Based on my personal experience the easier you take it on first attempt the better it comes out, and it may only take a few corrections here and there after you have outlined the foundation, but don't overdedicate yourself prior to that point, cause it will only impede you. Been there, done that :)

Quote:
What bothers me even more though, is that I say absolutely nothing about how I feel about the game at all.

Clearly, what you really wanna tell us about is your carefree juvenile past, not the game, hehe ;)

Quote:
It is one of my all time favourite video games after all. So my mind starts wandering and I am thinking back at all those precious moments I shared with it…

Can't relate to it unfortunately, as i never owned a Gameboy myself... i can only say with full certainty that back in the days of my youth it would have definitely made me happy beyond words :)

Anyway, good review, man! I mean.. nice childhood account with some inadvertent references to the game stuck in-between, hehehe ;)
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 11:20 on December 27th, 2015
Posted at 16:03 on December 26th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992) here!
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley