The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Fleet Defender (1994) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: V9JpT
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 04:33 on May 14th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
nice review - one of the great flight sims from Microprose, i think they really improved on their AI with this one too, as i felt like the AI in some of hte older sims like F117A didnt really do too much to avoid being shot down - and perhaps that wasnt really the main emphasis of that game, but fligth defender, wow - i was just playing this with a thrilling 1 on 1 dogfight with a Mig 29 and it was on a knife edge with trying to get a better turn on it - it took a while but finally i did and success, but not without some damage.
Posted at 06:57 on May 23rd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
It's really easy to find a boxed copy of F29 Retaliator for the Amiga but not for the IBM PC and Compatibles / DOS.

That is true. We still lack those disk images.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 13:43 on May 22nd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
I had the idea F29 Retaliator was a bit more arcadey than other simulators that came from Microprose or Spectrum Holobyte.
It seems to have been a really popular title for the Amiga, a machine i never had contact with, despite me being European and all, my first machine was a Timex 2048 computer (Portuguese made ZX Spectrum clone with several enhancements).
It's really easy to find a boxed copy of F29 Retaliator for the Amiga but not for the IBM PC and Compatibles / DOS.
Posted at 11:52 on May 22nd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Originally posted by carlostex at 11:21 on May 22nd, 2016:
Never played it! However i'm looking for a boxed copy so i do have all intentions to try it out!

It was my very first PC flightsim, and back then (i think year 1994 or 1995) i was very much impressed with it :)Its chief advantage is high responsiveness, unprecedented for a flightsim.
-----
Posted at 11:21 on May 22nd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Never played it! However i'm looking for a boxed copy so i do have all intentions to try it out!
Posted at 01:02 on May 22nd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Very nice and detailed one. By the way, what do you think of F29 Retaliator?
-----
Posted at 00:37 on May 22nd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Fleet Defender (1994) here!