Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Die Akte Paul Bennet (2015) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: Oyfo5
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 16:35 on August 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Not many people are still writing classic Text Adventures. Now imagine how few people are still writing classic Text Adventures in German. Those few who do form a small community which even meets in person occasionally, which is always very nice. People support each other during development, with advice, testing etc. What's not so nice is that the group of authors is virtually identical with the group of players. So the risk is always that your whole target audience already played your game during the beta phase! Michael Baltes is probably the most prolific author of German Text Adventures in recent years. His output is by far the most frequent. Due to the aforementioned circumstances, I will never be able to give most of his games a proper review, however. Die Akte Paul Bennet is one of the few games I have not tested in advance and which I therefore only know from pure player perspective. So let's use the rare opportunity!

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!