The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Shattered Pixel Dungeon (2014) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: zorf!
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 15:14 on February 24th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Meaningless repetition of the same tasks over a long period of time. Japanese RPGs are notorious for that: in order to level up, or reach certain skill levels, you spend hours killing wild forest animals, such as rats or snakes, even though there is virtually no challenge to it.

The game I reviewed some time before, Andor's Trail, was the polar opposite of this game in this respect.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 10:13 on February 24th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Sorry for my incompetence. But what ist 'grinding'?
-----
A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code.
Posted at 19:48 on February 16th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Ha! This one (or one of the may derivations?) is one of the games I heard so much about, one of those games I kind of like, yet never played myself. My sister had been playing it hours on end and was quite hooked on it. ;) Sounded like a lot of fun (all the looting and levelling, collecting dew drops of all things in a dungeon) as well as a lot of frustration (yet another curse or ghost, repeatedly dying on level 5 of 25). One day she finally reached the final boss and was so incredibly proud that she even gave me a call. Felt almost like the good old times when we used to game away. :) Or like those times back in school when someone told you about this incredibly cool game… yet it simply would not run on your system.
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 11:08 on February 2nd, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Shattered Pixel Dungeon (2014) here!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!