The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - New and "news" - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: i1oZ8
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 08:00 on July 14th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Many thanks to both ;)
-----
Posted at 16:00 on July 13th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Sorry for the bump, just came across this thread. I want to second the sentiment of utter gratefulness and appreciation for Goodolddays' archival effort. The DOS gaming community is pretty fragmented and spread out across several distinct sites across the web, and this is the first collective effort that I've seen for clean preservation and that features an impressive collection of disks. I hope this never goes away, because that would be one of the rare instances where I'd be genuinely sad to see something from the internet go down.

The OP's site is a tremendously useful resource in this regard. Hopefully it remains long-term as a great reference :)
Posted at 06:32 on June 18th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You're welcome to advertise your project :)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 10:47 on June 17th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hi

After many years of disappointment with SPS, I just found your web/project few days ago. Many thanks to everyone contributing, it's FINALLY AWESOME to have a PC dumping/cataloging project that doesn't hoard the images. I read you're working in a new website (or something similar); good luck with it.

At the moment I'm getting the images from archive.org and in the next two weeks I'm planing to import your .dat into "my" multi-system ROM cataloging/organizing project https://romdb.geeklogger.com. It's completely open, it has a (mini)API to query data and you can get a full backup of the data in .csv + .png format --with a python script I haven't published yet--.

Regards and see you around

PS. Please let me know if I should remove/unlink the link to my project.
-----
-----
Edited by ZerobyzerO at 10:54 on June 17th, 2020