The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - SimCountry
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 1234

SimCountry

Posted at 14:55 on November 15th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
I also sell 40% over market price
because there are people like me who will buy it :P

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 07:51 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I'm ashamed to admit that I had to increase my taxes to 60% recently to break even. Now the hard and tedious work starts: building up my corporations so that I can lower the taxes and still have enough money to build up an invasion force...
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 10:34 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Why would you need an invasion force. Can't we all get along in peace? :doubt:
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 10:45 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
There are two countries nearby, in desperate need for help. Unemployment at 60%, no educational and healthcare system to speak of, the roads are deteriorating. However, their ruthless dictators don't want me to take over their countries peacefully, even though all I want is to help those poor people. That's why I have to build up a peacekeeping force and libetare them ;).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 11:06 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
My country is really dragging. Argh! My corporation though is back into the green with assets of just barely 2 billion. whoo.

Tuss
-----
Posted at 13:08 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by NetDanzr at 12:45 on November, 18th 2002:

There are two countries nearby, in desperate need for help. Unemployment at 60%, no educational and healthcare system to speak of, the roads are deteriorating. However, their ruthless dictators don't want me to take over their countries peacefully, even though all I want is to help those poor people. That's why I have to build up a peacekeeping force and libetare them ;).
Classic case of fascism :P
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:24 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
And as you can see, I'm enjoying myself very much ;).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 13:32 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Can't you just fund the insurgency in these countries to undermine them? That would be fun :cunning:
-----
Posted at 14:06 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I can only wish the game allowed for such modes. Unfortunatelly, once you are a leader of a country, the people can't do anything against you...
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 14:11 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Bah. So it's worse than BOP :(
-----
Posted at 14:29 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
It's constantly improving (that is, until EA notices, sues them and shuts them down). And it allows over 2000 players to be on the same world ;).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 14:31 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
... and it doesn't have insurgency :angry:
-----
Posted at 16:15 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The idea of some other government than the one implemented does not exist. So how would they know? :evil:

Tuss
-----
Posted at 16:20 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
They could learn about it from abroad - or even some up with alternatives themselves if they're smart ;)
-----
Posted at 11:24 on November 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I started a new country yesterday named Gambre Tronc (no meaning). I must admit that I fail to grasp the true meaning of the game... So far, I only ordered a few things for my companies, ordered a power company and a paper & book company and I got 805 pts, and I'm at the 374th place...

Is it all what I need to do or, more likely, am I missing something?

Also, it would be interesting that Net[D]an[z]r tell me how to do that bonus points thingy, so he can get the bonuse since he's the one who got me into that game.

[I never seems to recall correctly which letter to capitalize in your name... Sorry.]

Edited by Eagle of Fire at 00:54 on November, 21st 2002
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 12:07 on November 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Actually, the bonus money ($20 billion) goes to the you, and the same person to those who signs you up. All I need to know is for you to PM me the e-mail address you used for registering.

As for what to do, it took me a day or so to figure it out, reading all those manuals and the forum. Currently, I'm in the process of closing hospitals in order to save money and to decrease the people's life expectancy, so that I save on retirement payments. For that same reason, I'm cutting the social security payments...
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 15:08 on November 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Heh, my hospitals are closing down on their own! Saves me some time, I think...

Tuss
-----
Posted at 15:25 on November 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I've read a very useful guide to making money. Basically, you close down all hospitals and social security, but max out schools and transportation. Then you borrow as much money as you can at 4% rate to pay off those pesky 15% loans from the World Bank. Then you concentrate on building up economy, and when you have surplus, you boost up your army, and only after that rebuild the hospitals and social security.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 15:30 on November 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
What would you want to have a social system for anyway if your population will never protest or do some revolt? What's the point then?
-----
Posted at 16:59 on November 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I didn't read any manuals yet... Perhaps I should, if I find them. I guess they are in the sidebar to the left? I try my best to understand the engine of the game without further help than the hyper help anyhow...

Did you considered the option to create a federation for The Spam Club? Would be fun, especially since I seems to have noticed that members of the same federation can exchange resources together, meaning that if we do it right we could become self suficient in several resources... Or perhaps, when we are established, specialize some country for certain resources like I saw when I was browsing some corporations randomly earlier...
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
» Multiple Pages: 1234
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll