The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Der Steuersong
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Der Steuersong

Posted at 13:15 on November 29th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
So anyway. Today's New York Times had an article about Las Ketchup, where it also mentioned Der Steuersong as a parody on Schroeder and his tax hikes. The article also mentioned that the Chancelor was pretty pissed off about the song. I downloaded it, listened to it and must say that I didn't find it as funny as Schoeder's reaction. Good that we can always count on the ego of some people to keep us amused :D.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 13:29 on November 29th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
If you ask me, that is the lowest, most primitive form of 'political critisism'. So the chancellor lied before the election. Big deal! Really a new revelation. Strange that the old and new opposition promised roughly the same things. This song only shows how naive people are to believe in such promises.

As for the reaction, I'm sure Schröder is quite pissed, because he is an egomaniac. In the public, he plays the uncaring though. There is no reaction! Being asked about it, he says he hasn't heard it (yeah, right) and that's it.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:55 on November 29th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, needless to say, the song has already left my harddrive. However, it was still interesting: this is the first time I've heard such a harsh political criticism. It seemed to me that he got blamed for everything including the extinction of the dinosaurs, which was a little far-fetched. Considering I'm not familiar with his policies, I can't say whether the song was right or not...
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 14:03 on November 29th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Actually, the lyrics are quite harmless if you ask me. All they 'blame' Schröder for is not holding his promises from before the election (as I said, big deal) and the rest is about him raising taxes. Yeah, well, that's the concept of almost all the political systems which are currently being active: 'citizens' paying taxes to the state. Again, big deal - what kind of critisism is this?
-----
Posted at 14:05 on November 30th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, if I understood right (in the 6-minutes extended version), they blame him for every single tax in Germany. If what you are saying is right, he must have promised zero taxes on everything, a promise he didn't keep ;).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 14:08 on November 30th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I must admin I never heard any version of it, just looked the lyrics up on the net for the purpose of this thread ;) Judging from that, you're definitely right: the song is just an annumeration of names of different taxes some of which have been in existence for several hundred years and I doubt it was Schröder or his forefathers who established those ;)

Edited by Mr Creosote at 22:09 on November, 30th 2002
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll