Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Loom (1990)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Loom (1990)

Posted at 12:00 on January 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
1990 was the year of Monkey Island. So great, so successful that it overshadowed everything else - including this earlier product of the same company. Not to say this is an 'underground' game or a 'rarity' - quite the opposite. It was a best-seller and even today, it is one of the most widely known Adventure games. Just not as much as Monkey Island. And not as one-sided positively as Monkey Island...

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:00 on January 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Boah das waren noch zeiten *errinert sich mit freude an die 10-adventure-pc-version*
Posted at 14:00 on January 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Schönes Spiel, vor 10 Jahren das letzte mal gespielt,:-)
vor einer Woche wiedergefunden:-)
und nu bin ich ohne Handbuch! :-/
Posted at 15:00 on January 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Schönes altes Game, leider habe ich kein Handbuch, kann jemand helfen?
Posted at 06:13 on November 3rd, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Ein wirklich einzigartiges Spiel. Ich habe es mir vor 16 Jahren gekauft, einmal durchgespielt und immer noch nicht vergessen. Ein Klassiker.
Posted at 11:46 on November 14th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Ich hab das Game auch zu hause. Hab es damals auf einer dieser "Bestseller-Games" Zeitschriften gekauft. War zusammen mit "Zak Maccracken" und "maniac mansion" auf einer CD.

handbuch ist leider nur als Kopierschutzzettel vorhanden, aber ich denk man bekommt es sicher auf einer der AW-Seiten die manuals zum Download anbieten. (Ich glaub Underdogs hat so eine Section)

hab hier nen link
http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.626
Posted at 19:45 on October 20th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I recall playing on hard mode and seeing the secret scene. I really got surprised, caused an impression on me. But for what I heard the CD version lacks it, they improved graphics and sounds yet left out the best motivation for playing on hard.
Posted at 17:53 on May 31st, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
"Loom" is interactive poetry. I'm not talking about the dialogue or text itself (which aren't bad), but the overall realization: the harmonic presentation and development of an idea using graphics, sound and timing, with emotion in mind. Scenes and situations are crafted in a delightful and very subtle manner, which make some very well-known story clichés take an completely new form and uniqueness. And that is the most positive aspect of Loom: it's something you've seen before, but in a way you have never thought of. The talent of Brian Moriarty brought us a game that is both simple an refined. That's its true beauty.

Read more...
-----
- Seth of Gold -
Posted at 21:06 on July 28th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Loom is the brainchild of Brian Moriarty who got famous in the 1980 for designing a few Infocom games, in particular Trinity which to this very day is generally held in high regard due to its serious, very grim theme, made in a time when most games were still simple Tolkienesque treasure hunts. Loom remained Moriarty's only (finished) foray into the world of graphic games, though.

Read more...
Posted at 21:41 on January 23rd, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
bin auch ein fan von "luckers arts"
Posted at 05:02 on July 20th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Deceased Gumby
Totally love it, good warm memories. I first played it on a very old machine with CGA-analogue adapter, which was a bit slow, and also the copy i had was corrupted (one of the .lfl files was a copy of another for some goddamn reason), so i would get stuck at some screen. Those were the days when internet was still a luxury and even if accessed it was of little use and there were few sites with old games available for download. But when i finally connected online i got the game and finished it :)

Ironically, same story happened to another favorite game of mine - Hero's Quest (the EGA prototype of the 1st game in Quest for Glory series). Some resource.00* files were broken and i couldn't get past a few screens. Both games were on the same pirate CD compilation, and it seemed that those people deliberately gave me hard times by tampering with the files randomly. But i got this game too, the same way i got Loom and re-played it. Too bad, i had already lost the thrill at that time. Besides, i already knew all the ins and outs of the game, since i'd already played Quest for Glory VGA long before i "revived" the original version... Such is the bitter irony of my life :)
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.

I am on irc.freenode.org: #TGOD
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll