The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - 21st Century Oldies revived
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 1234

21st Century Oldies revived

Posted at 14:16 on January 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
There has never been a game called The Manager here in Germany by Software 2000, so I assume it is just the English version of BMP.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 14:19 on January 17th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
That what I was assuming, after the different names of Pizza Tycoon and a few other titles.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 01:14 on March 6th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Where is the "NetDanzr did it again" thread? And now that I think about it, did you remove that search option on your board Mr Creosote? Anyways...

You seems to have a problem with dates on your site NetDanzr. On the main page, the last game you placed warped back in time... The "All Games" link also tell us that the last update of the site (or the page) was December 8 2002... ;)

Also, I get an 404 error when I click on the "Main Page" in the upper menu, to the left. The page apparantly doesn't exist anymore, or been deleted (which is, if you ask me, all the same).
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 03:16 on March 6th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
did you remove that search option on your board Mr Creosote?
No, I didn't.
-----
Posted at 05:22 on March 6th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Eagle: Thanks for your comments; I'll fix them with my next update. Unfortunatelly, I still haven't found a way to automate the page updates, so I'm doing that manually and forget sometimes.

I found that adding a game takes much longer than it used to, with all that WinXP testing and more in-depth reviews. For example, it took me over two weeks to test the three Premier Manager games, and they still don't work optimally. Good thing there's VOGONS, without those guys I'd be still stuck on the first game ;)
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 00:35 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
No probs NetDanzr. I only happened to visit your site yesterday. Very nice page you have there about the story of the developers.

Mr Creosote; can you tell me where on the page it is hidden? Because I've searched very carefully for the second time, and I don't manage to see it on the upward menu. I tryied the submenues too, and nothing yet.
-----
Posted at 00:48 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Uhm... My guess is there never was a search feature in the first place? I could be wrong though.
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 03:41 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As Mole said... if you think such a feature would be useful, I'll add it to the 'to-do' list.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 11:42 on March, 07th 2003
-----
Posted at 10:24 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Well, I find this attitude strange from someone who is opposed to oppening dozain of threads about the same subject... Or am I mistaken and mixed you with someone else?

Anyways, I remember that function to be usefull on the ikonboard version. Not critical and probably hardly used, but usefull nonetheless.
-----
Posted at 13:56 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Attitude? I have just never used the search function of the old board, that's all - I remember the important threads anyway ;) And let's be honest: a forum search will not prevent any double-thread, because the people who post those also would not use that option. Will add such a feature with the next bigger upgrade.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 21:57 on March, 07th 2003
-----
Posted at 14:31 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Anyway, I figured out how to automate that date; will implement it with the next update.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 05:27 on March 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
http://21ct.goodolddays.net/faq.shtml

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

(menu missing, so I assume it's a faulty include call)

Edit: I just noticed it is only an outdated link. The FAQ link goes to faq.shtml on the front page, and the 'main page' link goes to index.shtml on several pages (for example the new FAQ).

Edited by Mr Creosote at 13:32 on March, 26th 2003
-----
Posted at 11:40 on March 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Many thanks; I'll fix it. Fortunatelly, this only affects the main page :)
-----
NetDanzr<br />
» Multiple Pages: 1234
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll