The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Can a noob get some help here plz?
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Can a noob get some help here plz?

Posted at 20:41 on December 24th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
as the title sugests, i'm a nooby. to emulation, that is. i BADLY wanna play some amiga gamz but i cant figure out how to load the damn things. i got WinUAE (i think it's called), and have no bloody idea how to crank up a game with it once i've downloaded it. also, with the pc downloads, how do i crank those gamez? all i get up to with them is the promp asking what i would like to open the file with. any help here would be much appreciated.

cheers,
Whyzed.
Posted at 22:39 on December 24th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
If your getting the promt, I reckomend you go and download something like winrar first HERE!!!

that should allow you to extract the file wherever then just run the game file, and your pc games should work.
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 00:05 on December 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
cheers sterge. i shoulda' figured that. heh, a little slow at the moment. no worries, all fixed in the pc department. i'm still stumped as to how to use the bloody winuae (amiga emulator), though. could still use some help here, from someone who knows how to get that crankin'?
Posted at 00:09 on December 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
You will have to wait for some of the others, i'm afraid I have never used an amiga emu.
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 03:20 on December 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
i'm still stumped as to how to use the bloody winuae (amiga emulator), though.

You need to get a Kickstart rom to run any games. Kickstart 1.3 is the one to emulate an Amiga 500. In WinUAE, go to "ROM" and choose the Kickstart file there as "ROM file".
Posted at 08:37 on December 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
All these questions are answered in the Amiga FAQ. If anything's not clear there, feel free to ask.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 16:47 on December, 25th 2002
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 17:32 on December 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
right, do i gotta get kick 1.3 seperate, or should it be in winuae by default? in the 'rom' section of winuae, under 'rom file', it has the file 'kick.rom' selected but when i clik on ok or anything it says that there was no kick rom detected. er, i had a look around for kick 1.3 and cant find it on my own. heh, im starting to look silly here, methinks.

Whyzed.
Posted at 05:36 on December 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
No, they don't come with the emulator. If you have an Amiga, you can read out the Kickstart with transrom (a tool included in the emulator package). If you don't own such a machine, you can get Kickstart ROMs legally at http://cloanto.com/amiga/forever/.
-----
Posted at 16:24 on December 27th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
legally

This word dispels people. :P
Posted at 19:42 on December 27th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
bugger. i dont have the means to purchase over the internet, let alone the cash, really. ah well. i used to have an amiga too, wonder where it went? ah well. anyone know where i can get a good c64 emulator from? with pools of radiance? i got legend (pc) crankin' the other day and thought i may even get into it. so of course after clicking my party through one door, now i cant anymore for some reason. they just wont go through doorways. weird eh? ah well.

Whyzed.
Posted at 05:27 on December 28th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
C64 emulator: http://www.goodolddays.net/c64/index.php?query=run

Pool of Radiance: http://www.c64.com/detail.php?gameid=100175
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll