Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Pirates! (1987)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Pirates! (1987)

Posted at 12:00 on December 11th, 2000 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Quote:
'Pirates!' is surely one of the most well known computer games of all times. Almost every gamer who had a Commodore C64 will sigh when hearing the name. How many time have I spent in front of my home computer playing it? Months, I guess. How many ships have I sunk? Thousands maybe. I could continue this list even further.

Read more...
Posted at 13:00 on December 11th, 2000 | Quote | Edit | Delete
This Game Rocks
Posted at 12:00 on December 14th, 2000 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
<td valign="top"><div class="post"><div class="quote1">Quote:</div><div class="quote">As gameplay is basically the same to the original version of &apos;Pirates!&apos; I won&acute;t get into detail about that. Have a look at the review of &apos;Pirates&apos; instead.<br /> </div><br /> <br /> <a target="_blank" href="http://www.goodolddays.net/0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_en_0_229_show_1__0_0/">Read more...</a></div></td>
Posted at 06:54 on March 13th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
This game is beyond imaginetion (sp?). I have been searching abandonware sites for 4 months for the perfect game. I have found it. I hope you do too. Download ASAP.
Posted at 12:00 on April 5th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Arr, Jim-boy! After three years, the vicious pirates have finally found their way to the prosperous shores of the Amiga. But instead of the ageing, sea-worn face of the original, we get a completely new and streamlined version - all the wealth which has been amassed in the meantime shows!

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:00 on April 5th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
First of all, all comparisons are referring to the original Pirates! and the PC version of Pirates! Gold. Read the first review for a detailed covering of the gameplay itself. It is almost identical in this version.

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:00 on April 5th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
The graphics for the CD32 version are identical to the Sega Genesis port. Both games have more in common with the original Pirates! than with the PC/Mac "Gold" versions in terms of content. The PC version adds a few towns/cities on the southern Texas coast that were never there in the original game.
Posted at 09:22 on May 9th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Ich wollte nach diesem Spiel auch immer eine Schatzinsel finden...
Posted at 14:09 on May 22nd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Is there a version of this game that runs on PCjr? The one I have gives me garbled graphics :(
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll