The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - The new website of the German army
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

The new website of the German army

Posted at 04:18 on January 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
This is no joke - for several hours, this was the front page of http://www.bundeswehr.de. Then, it suddenly changed to "403 Forbidden" and now the old boring version is up again :(
Attachment: *****
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 07:00 on January 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Whats the 'new' site ment to mean, or is it just hippie protesters trying to be funny?
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 07:42 on January 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Hehe, That's a great movie that photo is taken from. :D
For the quote, I would've preferred the Nirvana version from Territorial Pissings: "Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you..." :P

Too bad they messed with the wrong army, these last couple of days it's been the American and British armies that annoy me, by flying their choppers over my house at ridiculously low altitude, probably heading for Antwerp to be shipped for 'exercises' somewhere in the Gulf, or maybe they're just patrolling the area on the lookout for 'evil terrorists'... After you've heard ten choppers pass on a single day, it kind of makes you wish you got that fancy rocket launcher for Christmas... :pain:
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 07:50 on January 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Luckly living in Australia we are only wanted for out SAS units, so no choppers.

Though I did find it funny the American pilot stationed at an airfield in Perth Western Aus, whilst they repainted the Lincon. He overshot the runway and crashed into the scrub. Seriously if you can't land at a decent airport what hope do you have of landing on an aircraft carrier :P
-----
Posted at 10:57 on January 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Hey, how about having a helipad right next to your apartments? And the choppers flying ridiculously low over them to land (Low as in if I stood on the roof I could grab onto it)?

Everything about that is great... from the people with silly names (r3d33m3r...) to the picture from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

My oh My
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 11:05 on January 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
sterge: The site got hacked of course, this is what the hackers put on instead of the regular site. I doubt these peole have anything to do with hippies or hippie ideals though...
-----
Posted at 20:26 on January 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I'm not totally stupid MR. C I do understand the concept of hacking and realise what happened there.
Yes I realise it's an anti war thing, the rest is just pointless???

Edited by sterge10 at 04:27 on January, 21st 2003
-----
Posted at 01:00 on January 22nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You asked, I answered. What 'rest' are you talking about?
-----
Posted at 08:16 on January 22nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I don't know, i'm over it anyway
-----
Posted at 13:56 on February 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Hey Creo, what were YOU doing there anyway? Enlisting before you get conscripted? ;)
-----
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation
Posted at 06:22 on February 4th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I haven't been on that site, it has just spread pretty quickly over the Internet ;) As you should know, I did a year of social work instead of joining the military.
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll