Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - TriPeaks (1991)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

TriPeaks (1991)

Posted at 12:00 on June 5th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
I tend to dislike card games. My father loved them, and he was much better at them than I ever will be. There is one notable exception to this rule, however: TriPeaks. It's a very simple card game. You enter your name, and a deck of cards pop up, shaped like a mountain with three peaks, with all lowest cards revealed. You get the rest of the 52 cards in the deck, all turned over, except one. Say, you get a 5. You must pick a card from the mountain that's either one higher or lower than your current card, so in this example 4 or 6. Then that card becomes your next card, and you have to pick a card one lower or higher than that one. The idea is to make series, or streaks, of cards. Why? Money. You start the game broke. First card in a streak nets you $1, the next $2, the next $3 and so on. Having to buy another card loses you $5. The object of the game is to get filthy rich. It's more difficult than it sounds, however. I rarely get over $200 no matter how long I play. My father easily got $3500 in a single game.

Read more...
-----
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll