Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Martian Dreams (1991)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Martian Dreams (1991)

Posted at 12:00 on April 23rd, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
In the Victorian age many celebrities that range from Marie Curie to Lenin have ended stranded on Mars. Now a second expedition, with a few more celebrities along the Avatar and professor Spector, is sent in a rescue mission.

Read more...
Posted at 20:41 on October 19th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I've read again Weinbaum's "A Martian Odyssey" and "Valley of Dreams", the two martian themed stories of his cycle of tales about the exploration of the solar system, and it made me think on Martian Dreams. The style of the adventures, and also the idea of Mars being inhabited by weird plant-animals was very similar. Just lacks the casual racism of Weinbaum (I know he was from the thirties, but hell, sometimes he sounds just like Rider Haggard).
Posted at 16:32 on May 16th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Martian Dreams is the second (and sadly also the last) part of Worlds of Adventure, a spin-off series of Ultima games set in our universe instead of Britannia. Like the predecessor Savage Empire it draws inspiration from pulp novels and science fiction stories. Especially those tales full of excitement with heroic guys (and occasionally girls) on the cover who single-handedly save the world/planet by fighting hordes of enemies in the most exotic places imaginable. This time you set forth on a journey to Mars, so it pays homage to novels like Burroughs’ Barsoom stories, Well‘s The War of the Worlds and Jules Verne's From the Earth to the Moon.

Read more...
-----
Dear Sir, I object strongly with the last thread, and the next post.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll