The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Board Error
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Board Error

Posted at 23:33 on March 3rd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Got this error replying to the creepy underdogs video causing me to double post:

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Location: http://www.goodolddays.net/forum/reply.php?commit=y
Line Number 2, Column 1:<b>Warning</b>: Post::include(includes/lang/.php) [<a href='function.Post-include?s=4215398050620e12f875f7862ab1deabcc54ef08'>function.Post-include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/classes/misc/Post.php</b> on line <b>480</b><br />
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 08:46 on March 4th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I'm fairly sure this is related to e-mail notification. Looking at the code, it seems to me it'd be a huge wonder if it actually worked. In fact, as it looks, notifications should be sent out in the wrong language in some cases even.

Gargantuan Orangutan: I need your help here since you're subscribed to the Underdogs topic. Did you receive reply notifications? If so, were they all in English? Were you notified of each reply or just some?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:07 on March 14th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
I had received the PM earlier, but for some reason couldn't access it at the time. I've received two different kinds of notifications for the underdogs video thread. I received several different notifications, but they came in pairs; one was in English and the other was... Dutch?

Like this:
Quote:

Im Thema "Underdogs and the Abandoned Abandonware Empire" gibt es eine neue Antwort. Benutzen Sie bitte folgenden Link, um direkt dorthin zu springen: http://www.goodolddays.net/forum/topic.php?id=2082&page=1

The Spam Club Team

Quote:

Were you notified of each reply or just some?

Each reply, as far as I can tell.
-----
Posted at 18:29 on March 14th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Thanks for the confirmation. It is as I suspected:

The intention was to send the notifications in the language the receipient chose, regardless of the language the member triggering the notification has set. Instead of that, the logic is twisted around, and notifications are sent in the language of the person triggering it by replying.

So it's not so much a technical issue, but rather a logical one. I'll fix it as soon as possible.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll