The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Blödtris (2001)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Blödtris (2001)

Posted at 16:24 on May 6th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Blödtris (2001) here!
Posted at 10:37 on May 8th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Three Points for a laugh? A strange sense of humour...
It even does not really fit into the "game" category...
-----
...for beauty is always cruel
Posted at 11:03 on May 8th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, how do you rate a game which is just a joke? I had the same problem with Advanced Lawnmower Simulation - it's impossible.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:35 on May 8th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Ah ah - I waited for this discussion, but I do think I am prepared to enter it. So here's what I thought:

1. The game is a satire on Tetris-clones. It is SUPPOSED to mock them.
2. The game totally meets the standards it aims at. There are no flaws, no bugs.
3. This game is supposed to give you a good laugh.
4. It will fail to do so if you are not into Tetris-clones.
5. I am. I laughed.
6. So... let's look at the ratings:
-> 0/6 (total crap, not worth to be in existence): Doesn't fit in my opinion, I already stated why it's worth to be in existence.
-> 1/6 (has something to it, like professional production values, a somewhat nice idea behind it, but is in the end not seriously playable): The "seriously playable" part let me think. But if this game WAS seriously playable it would totally fail at what it's meant to be, so this cannot be it.
-> 2/6 (not that bad; certainly has some redeeming value, but also very serious flaws which, at least at some point in the game, make frustration or boredom overwhelming): See... the game does not have any flaws. This rating is impossible.
-> 3/6 (good game, definitely worth playing for longer than half an hour, but absolutely nothing special to it - a game made 'by the book'): Okay well... this does not meet either. But going higher would mean recommending this game as a "must have" which it simply isn't either.

Conclusion: The ratings below 3/6 were impossible to give because the game is what it is supposed to be. So it had to be 3/6. Which does NOT mean everyone will like it. :)
-----
Edited by Elwood at 16:36 on May 8th, 2008
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll