Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Lands of Lore (1993)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Lands of Lore (1993)

Posted at 01:17 on November 24th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Retired Gumby
Quote:
You are sent to get a magical stone, but then problems happen as usual. And you end with no kingdom backing you, and no good guy’s army, just the mean people’s one. What does it means? Oh, you know it well: you have just become the last hope for getting rid of the evil witch and her magical ring.

Read more...
Posted at 09:29 on March 9th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Quote:
Westwood's Lands of Lore: Throne of Chaos is sequel in spirit to acclaimed Eye of The Beholder 2, but surpasses its AD&D predecessor in every way. The game broke new grounds with astounding graphics, great soundtrack, intuitive user interface, great spell effects and plot development, and last but not least, excellent automap.

Read more...
Posted at 11:39 on January 7th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Quote:
Fade in on a formidable fortress. The ominous music is soon accompanied by the frantic sound of hooves as a horseman gallops into view. The portcullis is raised, allowing him entry. He is a messenger, delivering unto Geron and King Richard of Gladstone a note containing dire news: "Scotia has uncovered the temple, and will have the Nether Mask soon." Naturally, Scotia must be defeated and the kingdom saved from eternal peril.

Read more...
Posted at 19:52 on January 7th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Michael, a human whose strength is fighting

This reminds me of a rather funny bug: Michael actually is the best mage of the four. At least if you can get him to mage level 2 (or was it 3?) which is glitched and sets his magics skill way above Ak'Shels's. So, if you want to play a real powerhouse character, who is even cheesier than Conrad, pick Michael and be a bit patient with him. ;) (Might only work in the CD version though)
-----
Dear Sir, I object strongly with the last thread, and the next post.
Posted at 00:49 on January 16th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Originally posted by Herr M. at 19:52 on January 7th, 2018:
Quote:
Michael, a human whose strength is fighting

This reminds me of a rather funny bug: Michael actually is the best mage of the four. At least if you can get him to mage level 2 (or was it 3?) which is glitched and sets his magics skill way above Ak'Shels's. So, if you want to play a real powerhouse character, who is even cheesier than Conrad, pick Michael and be a bit patient with him. ;) (Might only work in the CD version though)

You're right! I started replaying this recently and after patiently getting his mage skill up to 2, suddenly he was gaining magic points left and right. Made things much easier.
Posted at 22:11 on January 17th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The funny thing is that as far as I remember you have to train him quite a lot until he reaches level 2 (I think I used a lot of scrolls and those wasp-swarm thingies). So I guess they never noticed this bug because they thought (and were probably right) that almost no one would bother leveling him as a mage anyways. ;)
-----
Dear Sir, I object strongly with the last thread, and the next post.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll