The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Broken Link
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

Broken Link

Posted at 11:37 on March 2nd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
In case anyone had any doubts about our mirror here being alright the the original site owner: http://www.fringer.org/?p=416.

Obviously, this new revival project still needs a lot of planning (since the 'official' place for this planning is Google, I won't follow it - big brother ahoy), but at least there is a definite word now.

In case you're wondering what'll happen to our mirror: I'll keep it up as long as necessary, i.e. until the new site really kicks off. I will still be accepting screenshot contributions to enhance it (which, in case you're wondering, is still worth it; the new project is still in "we'll do it" phase - a long way from completion; and finally, nothing will stop you from submitting the same screenshots to that project as well once it's online, so nothing will go to waste), but I will not use that Excel file to change the database here (there are only neglectable differences which don't make a structural difference to the frontent, e.g. game title and 'aka' title are mashed into one here). I will not post the docs, but I might add the box scans (though I'm seriously not sure what the point of such a tiny box image is - never quite understood that even on the real site). Once again: This is not meant to b e a real site, so it'll stay 'barebones'.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 13:16 on March 2nd, 2009
Posted at 20:48 on March 2nd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Small box scans are pretty useless, although larger ones are good for bringing back the memories of seeing those games sitting on your shelf, or coming home with them from the store.

One thing that confuses me about your mirror is the screenshots issue, why get new ones? You already have multiple screenshots for most(all?) the games you have here, so why not just use those? You could either manually choose a shot for each one, or automate it (ie, have the server grab the 4th image for each current entry & use it as the main image for the mirror).
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 20:56 on March 2nd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I've already tried adding screenshots of all the games which are also on TGOD - I think those were about 200 games. In case I've missed any, let me know.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll