The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - The search is over!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

The search is over!

Posted at 17:07 on March 11th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I owned a copy of Loom Talkie Version. So you can put it off the list of games you're searching. Creating an Image right now. ;)
-----
Edited by T-Pow at 18:06 on March 12th, 2009
Posted at 09:30 on March 12th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Sorry to disappoint you, but it never was on that list in the first place ;)

However, just got word from Wandrell as well, telling me he has located the version listed there as well. Seems like many people want to do me good at the moment :D Thanks a lot!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 14:59 on March 12th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
It may be a good idea improving the list a bit to add other interesting and hard to find games.
Posted at 15:21 on March 12th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Certainly - go ahead and list the games you're thinking about.
-----
Posted at 12:47 on March 15th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I have a list of games to search, but as right now my collections is quite a disaster and I don't think I'll have time to sort it until summer there are few I can say I can't find anywhere:

First, games on spanish. Some are hard to find, for example M&M 3 and 4, and people is always interested on games on their own language (even if I personally preffer the original when possible).

"Where in Space is Carmen Sandiego?" (No deluxe version) and "Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?" (normal version), I'm not even sure they exist, and if they do they are really hard to find.

Right now these are the ones I would be more interested on finding.
Posted at 12:56 on March 15th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Just to be sure: M&M is Might & Magic? The Carmen Sandiego games in Spanish, too? Or any version? For specific systems? Or any?
-----
Posted at 12:59 on March 15th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Originally posted by Wandrell at 12:47 on March 15th, 2009:
I have a list of games to search, but as right now my collections is quite a disaster and I don't think I'll have time to sort it until summer there are few I can say I can't find anywhere:

First, games on spanish. Some are hard to find, for example M&M 3 and 4, and people is always interested on games on their own language (even if I personally preffer the original when possible).

Right now these are the ones I would be more interested on finding.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3&4 are avaiable in a lately released Box named Heroes Complete Edition.
The games are avaiable in all languages they where released in.
This means Heroes 4 is avaiable in UK/F/GER/I/SP and Heroes 3 in UK/F/I.
Oh allmost forgot all parts of the series (even the "new" Heroes 5) plus expansions an Artbook, Soundtrack CD's, Making of DVD, T-Shirt and Tarrot cards are also included. A real big package which can still be bought.
Posted at 14:07 on March 15th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Might & Magic, not "Heroes of". I should have the second "Heroes of" on spanish around, CD version (the first was lent to a friend, who lent it to a common friend, and that's the last I heard of it).

I know that Might & Magic 3 was translated to spanish, and also Might & Magic 4. But there may be others.

The Carmen Sandiego do not need to be the spanish version (I think I have all the editions translated, which where two or three).

As for the system, IBM PC.
Posted at 14:25 on March 15th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Added the Might & Magic games to the list (and removed the ones which have been found in the meantime - thanks again).

I'm still not sure I understand what Carmen Sandiego games you're looking for. As far as I can see, they seem to be readily available pretty much everywhere, but I'm no expert on the series. You're looking for a special edition? Not the special edition? I'm confused. Could you just write the lines as they should appear on the list? I'll just paste them in then.
-----
Posted at 14:55 on March 15th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Carmen Sandiego games had some reeditions. Basically you can say there are three grades: normal, enhanced, deluxe.

I'm saying this example from memory, but "Where on the World is Carmen Sandiego?" has two versions, the old from the 80s and, an enhanced edition with improved graphics, and the deluxe one, which I barely played to but changes even more the graphics.

That happens with plenty of them: normal, then an upgraded, and with some there is even another upgrade. Except for "Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?", of which only the upgraded edition can be found, the one of the 80s seems lost; and for "Where in Space is Carmen Sandiego?" which says to be the deluxe edition, but I can't find any other version of it.
Posted at 15:02 on March 15th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ok, put the following on the list:
Quote:

Where in Space is Carmen Sandiego? (original version for the IBM PC, not the upgraded 'Deluxe' version)
Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego? (original version for the IBM PC, not the upgraded 'Deluxe' version)
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll