The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Sierra games playable in browser
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Sierra games playable in browser

Posted at 00:51 on April 26th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
http://sarien.net

Play all the adventure games you hate!

No really, they have Space Quest I+II, Police Quest, and Leisure Suit Larry.

The interesting thing is that you can see everyone else who is playing the game while you are playing. This means for LSL, you have about 15 larrys on screen. You can also see the actions they take. Its sort of strange at first but also kind of neat. If you see a bunch of dead larrys in the road, you know not to walk in the road. You also get to laugh at the people having trouble with the parser. (When I tried it one guy kept saying "Push door" to try and open a door, about 10 times)
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 17:56 on April 26th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Whoops. Your connection to Sarien.net has been lost. You can continue playing the single player game though. To give multiplayer another try, please refresh the browser page.

Happens every time I start one of the games. Anyone?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 18:11 on April 26th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The only problems I got were trying to move around, it has some problems with the keyboard.
Posted at 20:51 on April 26th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 17:56 on April 26th, 2009:
Quote:
Whoops. Your connection to Sarien.net has been lost. You can continue playing the single player game though. To give multiplayer another try, please refresh the browser page.

Happens every time I start one of the games. Anyone?

Hmm, all I can think is maybe you're blocking some incoming ports the applet uses? The site is pretty devoid of any helpful information in that direction.

Also, try moving by clicking with the mouse. I found it to be a much better way (except when you were bitched at about being too far away, sigh Sierra)
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 22:16 on April 26th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Found the culprit: The site requires cookies. Would be nice if such non-standard requirements were listed...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll