The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Address Book 5.0
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Address Book 5.0

Posted at 16:37 on April 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
HELP!

My Parsons (Broderbund) Address Book 5.0 will no longer boot, and the Diskette is corrupted beyond repair. We have over 300 addresses that we REALLY need to get access to!

Does anybody know where I can purchase a copy of the software? Or failing that, does anybody know of any software that will read/export Address Book 5.0 files?

Thanks! :embarassed:
Posted at 17:02 on April 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Have you checked the company's support pages yet?

http://support.broderbund.com/faq_list.asp?id=1294818801
Posted at 17:09 on April 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
HeHe.... they were no help at all, they just gave me the old "sorry, we don't support it any more". Thats since Brouderbund bought out Parsons. I know that their tech support folks have a library copy around.... but I can't get any cooperation! Oh Well!

Can't even find it on Ebay!

Thanks

Ed
Posted at 23:03 on April 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Run the good old scandisk on your floppy with the long option (not the standard one), and if your disk is not full you might just be able to save the info that was on it!

It's worth a try.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 05:58 on April 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Thanks Eagle... the problem with the diskette, is that a dog tooth went completely through it! LOL

Of course, it wasn't funny at the time.... ! But that's why we are so desperate to find another copy, or something to read the files. The program is intact on a backup drive, but it will not work without the actual install program being run, which creates the DLL's, etc. And, of course, the install program is on the ventilated diskette!

Ed
Posted at 07:01 on April 2nd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
There is still the option of employing a company that does data conversion. That way, you'd be at least able to extract the data and convert it into a more readable format, say for MS Outlook.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll