The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Two Stupid Questions about "The Good Old Days"
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Two Stupid Questions about "The Good Old Days"

Posted at 17:27 on April 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Okay, I'll be honest. I've never really been attracted to TGOD and I found The Spam Club from 21st Century Oldies (deservedly so, though, as 21st Century Oldies is still a great site). Recently, though, I've found a section of TGOD that I really like: the SNES section. Why I didn't look there as soon as I saw it is beyond me, since SNES is my favorite console.

Anyway, here's my questions:

1. Can we write user reviews in the user comments? I mean longer than one or two sentences. More like 4 or 5 paragraphs. Is there a limit to the lenght?

2. Below the user comment space, it says "add link". Add link to what? I assume it's a link pertaining to the game, but what kind of media (I under stand it's no warez)? Sites, images, demos, SNES emulators? And where do our submitted links "go"? I don't see any "users also recommend these links".
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 03:22 on April 11th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
1. Can we write user reviews in the user comments? I mean longer than one or two sentences. More like 4 or 5 paragraphs. Is there a limit to the lenght?
You can write as much as the database field I configured for the comment allows ('tinytext', i.e. 255 characters). The comment feature is really only meant for short personal comments, but full reviews. If you want to add one, better send it to Tapuak or me and we'll put it up.

Quote:
2. Below the user comment space, it says "add link". Add link to what? I assume it's a link pertaining to the game, but what kind of media (I under stand it's no warez)? Sites, images, demos, SNES emulators? And where do our submitted links "go"? I don't see any "users also recommend these links".
Anything related specifically to this game is welcome (as long as it isn't illegal). Don't submit links to huge sites offering or covering a few thousand games - that's useless for this specific game. The site should be more or less dedicated to it and should offer something worthwile. After submitting them, these links go into a queue where they have to be approved by one of the admins (i.e. Tapuak or me), in order to sort out all the crap which is submitted all the time. After being approved, the links appear as 'related links'.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll