The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - IBM MULE
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

IBM MULE

Posted at 03:41 on January 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
finally came up on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150402775883

this was like the 1 week that I didn't do a quick search through ebay for PCjr games, and sure enough, there it was.

I can only hope that the winner of this item makes a copy of it available to folks like us, but somehow I think that people think that that would degrade the value of it. (it didn't seem to have any effect on prices of King's Quest 1 PCjr)

I'm not sure if I would have paid THAT much for it, only to share it with the rest of the world, but maybe this will inspire others to sell off their copies.
Posted at 06:58 on January 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
$270 for a game missing the box? Oh well...

In any case, I've heard the argument about 'diminishing the value' if an image of the disk is spread around. I never understood the point of it. If I really want to 'collect' a game, I'll want to have the manual, the box and the original media - not some file sitting on my hd!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 18:12 on January 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
This makes me recall once I tried to buy some games, I think N64 games, and the guy asked an absurd price for them. When I told him so he answered "Well, then take a look at ebay".

I'm sure I would have found them cheaper, but the point is people want to sell these things as antiques and get as much as possible, it reaches absurd levels.

And all this even though there are N64 emulators. Which didn't do a thing to reduce the perceived value of these games.
Posted at 02:46 on January 25th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
...but the point is people want to sell these things as antiques and get as much as possible...

Actually, the real point is that other people are dumb enough to actually PAY these prices. If no one would pay outrageous prices, then people would stop trying to charge such prices. Since there are a lot of stupid people out there with money in their pockets though, people will just keep on charging as much as they can get some dope to pay.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 09:06 on January 25th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes... however... prices like these at least pretty much guarantee the games won't just be thrown away. As long as people believe they can get a good amount of money for their old stuff, they will try selling it. For $10 or $20, they might not even bother.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll