The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Portuguese parliament passes gay marriage law
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Portuguese parliament passes gay marriage law

Posted at 11:46 on January 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
I´m not gay but I´m proud of my country :)

New age in Portugal History - Portuguese parliament passes gay marriage law

Gay rights advocates in Portugal are toasting the future, after parliament voted to legalise same sex marriage. But it was a bittersweet victory, as Portuguese MPs rejected proposals to allow adoption by gay couples. read more... from euronews.

From France24
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O013VZEQCXA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O013VZEQCXA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
-----
Labore et Virtute
Posted at 18:09 on January 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
In Spain we made it legal a time ago. But you know, we did it because we want to bring the age of the antichrist.
Posted at 19:24 on January 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I can already see myself coming off as a total ignoramus / fundamentalist here, but I actually oppose gay marriage. Before you all shout me down, let me explain.

I believe marriage is a completely obsolete tradition. The only points there are to it are based on tax exemptions and other, purely legal, obstacles (like for example fathers not getting any rights when it comes to children). So it's simply other unfair laws feeding it. Basically, I believe it's wrong to extend an obsolete legal status to yet another group. So I'm not against the gay part in gay marriage. Under the assumption that marriage is a good concept, it's absolutely right to allow it.

I was even more ambivalent when Germany finally allowed women into the army (after the European court forced the government to). Of course it is right that both sexes should have equal rights. Yet, extending the idea of institutionalised murder to even more people repulsed me. (No, I'm not saying marriage is the same as institutionalised murder!)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:59 on January 13th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
(No, I'm not saying marriage is the same as institutionalised murder!)

No, you didn't. But it won't stop us from saying you did! After all, news nowadays is half sports, one quarter the life of the famous and the rest shared by ads and yellow press. Well, at least the main channels news.

It says a lot when people prefer the catholic channel which is so right wing that the right wing party is too lefty for them. And people don't watch it because they like what they say (right wing catholics have a tendency to get out of contact with reality), but because they at least say what they believe. They'll insult you on the face, instead of shamelessly distort the news like the state sponsored channels.

But I think I'm getting out of topic.
Posted at 07:20 on January 15th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 19:24 on January 12th, 2010:
I can already see myself coming off as a total ignoramus / fundamentalist here, but I actually oppose gay marriage. Before you all shout me down, let me explain.

I believe marriage is a completely obsolete tradition. The only points there are to it are based on tax exemptions and other, purely legal, obstacles (like for example fathers not getting any rights when it comes to children). So it's simply other unfair laws feeding it. Basically, I believe it's wrong to extend an obsolete legal status to yet another group. So I'm not against the gay part in gay marriage. Under the assumption that marriage is a good concept, it's absolutely right to allow it.

I was even more ambivalent when Germany finally allowed women into the army (after the European court forced the government to). Of course it is right that both sexes should have equal rights. Yet, extending the idea of institutionalised murder to even more people repulsed me. (No, I'm not saying marriage is the same as institutionalised murder!)

I have never imagine Creo going the opposite way. I think that you should worry about yourself and let people do whatever they want with their life. It is stupid and racist if you think otherwise.

Creo I hope one day you change your mind because you have no right to judge a person by their sexual preferences.
Posted at 09:11 on January 15th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I sincerely hope this is a satire post. Otherwise, it's plain stupid.
-----
Posted at 10:56 on January 15th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
If it isn't, he have just said the gays are another race. Which is like saying being gay is something genetic (but a step above saying it's an illness).

Also, Creosote didn't talk about what other people should do, but about what the government allows people to do. Or should we stop worrying and let the big guys choose? Because if they are governing obviously it's because they are the best people to choose for us what is good and what not.
Posted at 18:38 on January 15th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Originally posted by marhasan at 07:20 on January 15th, 2010:
I have never imagine Creo going the opposite way. I think that you should worry about yourself and let people do whatever they want with their life. It is stupid and racist if you think otherwise.

Creo I hope one day you change your mind because you have no right to judge a person by their sexual preferences.

Creo was speaking about the implications of marriage, not against gays... read it all the way before you reply. :)

English is not your first language?
-----
Labore et Virtute
Posted at 19:37 on January 15th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
And that's when everybody know Creosote said "Marriage is murder". I'm going to put that one next to "Zoo = gulag" (only this one is more true).
Posted at 20:24 on January 15th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Institutionalised murder! If you're going to misquote me, do it right ;)
-----
Posted at 20:44 on January 15th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
-----
Labore et Virtute
Posted at 08:59 on January 16th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Spot on for the 'gay' part of this topic ;)
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll