The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Hurra Deutschland download
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hurra Deutschland download

Posted at 19:02 on October 4th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hi (it's my first post),

I am trying to download hurra.7z (Hurra Deutschland) and always get the error "500 unknown command". Now I'm not sure if that is because of the limited server connections like the text on the page says or if there is some other problem with the download. Would be great if someone could tell me if I should just keep on trying or if there's an error that needs to be fixed.
Posted at 21:33 on October 4th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
There is a problem with the FTP server right now. Please give me a few days, I can't promise I'll have the time to dig into it before the weekend.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 08:46 on October 5th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Okay. Thank you for the quick reply!
Posted at 13:06 on October 9th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Routing should be fixed now and I already tested it successfully. Please try again.
-----
Posted at 08:14 on October 11th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Sorry, when I click on the download link (logged in of course), I still get "500 Unknown Command" in Firefox 7 and "605 (net::ERR_FTP_SYNTAX_ERROR)" in Iron(Chrome) 14. Internet Explorer 9 just gives a "Website can not be displayed" error. Usually, downloads work well on my computer, FTP or otherwise.
Posted at 14:48 on October 11th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Since the FTP server is behind a NAT device, you cannot use "passive" FTP from your side right now. That could be the problem.
-----
Posted at 16:20 on October 11th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I edited the firewall rules so that passive mode should now work again.
-----
Posted at 18:21 on October 11th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
It's working now, thanks! For future reference, how could I start an active FTP transmission? Do I need special software to do it?
Posted at 18:34 on October 11th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Support in WWW browsers might be limited, but any dedicated FTP client will let you switch seamlessly between passive and active mode. Seeing that this might be a problem for many users, I'll try to support passive mode in the future, though ;)
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll