Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - The glitch, the bug and the ugly... Post your favourite game bugs here!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

The glitch, the bug and the ugly... Post your favourite game bugs here!

Posted at 17:52 on February 2nd, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Moving on to DSA2 - Sternenschweif (or Realms of Arkania - Startrail)

-) So how do you keep that huge amounts of money from the first part, when the game doesn't let you import your gold? Well simply buy lots of herbs (especially Thonnys) which weigh nothing, are worth a lot of cash, are quite usefull and can be imported to the second and third part.

-) A good fighting glitch: Forget spells like 'Ignifaxius' they have a very bad spellpoint/effectiveness rating. Instead cast lots of small 'Armatrutz' spells (with 1-2 points of protection each). They do stack and you can get almost invincible that way.
-----
Dear Sir, I object strongly with the last thread, and the next post.
Posted at 21:23 on February 5th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Here is a classic, well-known bug in Mad TV: Rent a studio, cancel it again immediately and repeat until the variable storing your money overflows the negative minimum and therefore turns to the positive maximum.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 00:20 on February 6th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The VGA version of Quest for Glory had the speed bar to solve those problems. Of course you could always increase the speed to the maximum, making some time tight scenes much easier. But that can also be done on The Dagger of Amon Ra when you are being chased, and have just enough time to flee, to give you a better chance.

But a big oversight I remember was on Dragon Lore 2, when you received a reward in a point of the game, and if you kept talking to the guy he would keep giving you the reward, even after you were full of gold pieces.
Posted at 18:56 on February 20th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Originally posted by Wandrell at 00:20 on February 6th, 2013:
But a big oversight I remember was on Dragon Lore 2, when you received a reward in a point of the game, and if you kept talking to the guy he would keep giving you the reward, even after you were full of gold pieces.

Virtually unlimited amounts of gold by repeated quest rewards is actually quite common in RPGs. I really liked the obelisk quest in the unpatched version of Might&Magic 6: There was a chest in the dragonsand desert that gave you a quarter of a million gold coins each time you opened it. Combine that with the XP for gold well in Kriegspire and the game almost instantly becomes a piece of cake!

Staying with RPGs: In Gothic all you need to break the economy of the prison colony is some raw meat and a frying pan. Stand in front of the pan, open the inventory and select the raw meat. Press Ctrl and tap up ever so slightly and the meat will be doubled. Keep doing that and you can get more meat than you will ever need. One more just for fun: If you die you can still move around, simply by pressing the map key (default 'M'). The hero will stand up and try to read the map and drop dead again, moving a little bit while falling back.
-----
Posted at 16:47 on April 3rd, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
In Sim Farm there is a lovely little exploit, that makes strawberries, the ultimate money machine: If you harvest a crop as soon as you planted it, and store it in a silo, it will get an X quality but after a very short time it turns into A grade quality.

Also keep in mind that the prices for your wares will always be at the average value after you restore a game. So if they drop too low, simply save and reload.
-----
Posted at 19:42 on January 1st, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Not so much a glitch per se, but some very easy hacking: Volfied writes its scoring system in plain text into a file called VGA.PRG. Just open it up with a hex editor (or even a somewhat advanced normal editor) and keep looking for text in the vain of:
Quote:
HIGH SCORE 1UP 2UP PLAYER ROUND SHIELD 000CONGRATULATIONS! ROUND ?? CLEAR SEPERATE ROUND CLEAR SPECIAL ROUND CLEAR BONUS 10000PTS!! 100000PTS!! 1000000PTS!! YOUR PERCENTAGE IS ??.?%!! BONUS EXTRA SHIP EXTRA BONUS ??000000PTS ??.?% ????00PTS 00.0 80.0 10081.0 11082.0 12083.0 13084.0 14085.0 15086.0 16087.0 17088.0 18089.0 19090.0 20091.0 22092.0 24093.0 26094.0 28095.0 30096.0 35097.0 40098.0 500 99.0 100099.1 110099.2 120099.3 130099.4 140099.5 150099.6 200099.7 250099.8 350099.9 5000

This is followed by the actual scores you gain for finishing the levels. Simply replace all of the numbers by 9 until you reach TODAYS GREAT WARRIORS! This should give you more than enough EXTRA SHIPS after finishing the first level (couldn't find out how many exactly, stopped counting after something like 40…).

And another one for Xenon 2: Megablast: Many players might know about the selection screen -> F7 -> in game i for invincibility cheat. But how about gaining a lot of money by killing the respawning enemies in the volcano level? Simply keep pushing down (backthrust) and kill those endless waves at at your heart's content.
-----
Posted at 21:07 on November 16th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
In Might & Magic VIII there is a wishing well in the Land of the Giants. Activating it will either give you some very positive effects (like adding some free skill points, gold or XP) or on the contrary extremely negative effects (like petrification, death or erradication). Like with many other things pressing space while facing it will activate it super-fast with no pauses between your 'wishes'. Normally this would mean that you will see the death screen within seconds because one character after another will draw the death-card sooner or later and as soon as they are dead the game switches to the next character.

Now for the trick: Right clicking on things will pause the game more or less (it is used for looking at things). If you keep right clicking on the wishing well and then press space the character will not change and even dead ones can keep on wishing infinitely. Just do not forget to release the space bar first. ;)
-----
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll