The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Spywares... again?
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Spywares... again?

Posted at 14:48 on June 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I happened to install an old game of mine named Lords of Magic (Special Edition) and then realized that the damned installation process created a bunch of unwanted icons in my star menu without prompting me first. I then began to erase and order them all niftly when I selected a bookmark linking to the game site. My firewall then got crazy about explorer.exe trying to connect via tcp/ip to that particular site. It appears that only selecting the icon of the bookmark makes your computer connect to Siera's sites, probably to u/l informations...

Yet another negative point for Siera, a company I learned to hate with time and which I have absolutly no respect for whatsoever... Too bad I like most of their tittles so much...
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 15:19 on June 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Actually, Lords of Magic was made by Impressions. You can see their style quite well. They had been acquired by the dry company shortly before. The crap you're talking about is undoubtly Sierra's doing, though.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 23:23 on June, 26th 2003
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll