The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Age and Ambition - Discuss!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Age and Ambition - Discuss!

Posted at 08:49 on August 21st, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Okay, so I have about 6 months until I hit 30 and am officially an old man.

Time has gone so fast, and it's really made me reflect on ambitions and goals / targets.

I have grey hairs that I pluck out (even though I'm told not to), which are not only present on my head but other parts of my body, I hate it, but I guess grey => bald??

** Was just wondering, how old is everyone on here now, and what goals / ambitions have you both successfully met, and what do you still aim towards? Examples being Education, Career, Family, etc. Also do you have any major regrets, in terms of what you wish you would have done but never got around to completing? **

- I have managed to gain an MSc (which is great but I'm now, years later, still repaying student debts).
- I have had a few business start-ups, none of which have been a great success (I really thrive on new projects but then soon get bored once it's running).
- I've just sold my flat and am trying to get a house so that I can consider marriage and children.

One of my main lifetime ambitions was to reach academic peak and gain a phD by the time I am 30, although due to finances and procrastination, this will not happen, so I've failed there (unless Doc decides to show up and whizz me back in time a few years). That's my major regret.

Also due to being involved in academia for so long, I've missed out on many opportunities to gain vital industry-experience, so am at a disadvantage, as I have the qualifications, but hence, due to lack of experience am finding it hard to find a decent role. I don't mind internships, but working alongside 21 year olds would make me feel even more over-due on the ordering of a Zimmer frame.
Posted at 18:39 on August 21st, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
From my personal experience, I can assure you that turning 30 changes everything. You'll wake up on your birthday, mentally slow, forgetful, physically weak and body flabby. It's just the way it is. No way to change it. The good news is, though, that since you'll have lost most of your intelligence, you won't even realise it anymore, so you won't mind ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 03:07 on December 20th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
*laffs @ the greybeard*

I'm 38 (39 in a few more weeks), and the only grey/white I have is speckled in my beard.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll