The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - GOG - I don't get it...
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

GOG - I don't get it...

Posted at 12:18 on January 12th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Hey guys...

I disappeared for a while as I moved house. Anyway I now have my PC setup again and am back!

I think its my browser (Comodo Dragon), but I can't really use the search feature, keeps saying the code I've entered is invalid, sure it's an issue my end. Anyhu...

I just wanted to ask about this 'GOG' website. What's the deal? Are they officially endorsed by the developers and publishers? I see they are selling games, but, some of the games look rather new, in consideration of the stern regulations that I remember Abandonware sites having to follow to join AR, TUOL, etc. I know it's not an 'Abandonware' site but I see their ads up on AR.

Just wondered really, GOG is a business isn't it? It's not actually an enthusiasts attempt to preserve classics, it's for-profit??

I tried to look into it as much as possible and it seems as though its owned by a company called CDProjekt (?), who must be making decent money as they even have job vacancies in Poland.
Posted at 20:52 on January 12th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by Jaan3k at 12:18 on January 12th, 2015:
I think its my browser (Comodo Dragon), but I can't really use the search feature, keeps saying the code I've entered is invalid, sure it's an issue my end. Anyhu...

:confused:

Quote:
I just wanted to ask about this 'GOG' website. What's the deal? Are they officially endorsed by the developers and publishers?

The games they sell have been licenced from the owners. It's a business with its main offices located in Poland. We discussed it briefly earlier.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll